mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ILLEGAL FILE"

Posted on: August 10, 2016 @ 03:53 PM
motifpates8
Total Posts:  3
Joined  06-10-2014

Hello.  Can someone help me out!!

I purchased the XF7 a while back and have been tweaking sounds, performances etc. to suit our live band performances.  I have also imported some sounds from Playkeyz/KeyFax without issues.  I periodically save these files (monthly) as “all” files for back up purposes.  The other day when I was messing around with the keyboard and did not like what I did I decided to re-load a back up so that I could get back to square one.  This would have been the back up that I called August 2016.  It began loading and suddenly froze.  I left it for several hours to see if it would progress.  It did not.  So I shut off the keyboard (bad) so that I could continue.  Well, the keyboard went back to pretty much factory settings.  I thought I was good since I back up each month.  As I commenced loading the “all” files for July 2016, June, May, April, March etc.  These were all ILLEGAL FILES.  I had to go back to April 2015 to get something to load.  Can anyone provide me with some guidance on this.  I lost a lot of work and was under the gun to re-import sounds and re-create the performance patches for my live gig.  I am afraid to re-load a back up now.  Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2016 @ 04:19 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

One possibility is that the drive you saved the files to isn’t fully compatible with the XF. Did the troublesome files ever load correctly? Is the April 2015 file on the same drive as the others?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2016 @ 04:31 PM
motifpates8
Joined  06-10-2014

Thanks for getting back to me.  Yes April 2015 is on same drive.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2016 @ 04:35 PM
motifpates8
Joined  06-10-2014

These backup files other than April 2015 never did load properly nor did I even try to re load other than the one time when it failed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2016 @ 05:13 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
motifpates8 - 10 August 2016 04:35 PM

These backup files other than April 2015 never did load properly nor did I even try to re load other than the one time when it failed.

Have you tried loading less than the entire “All” file, such as a single Voice, from any of the bad files?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Programming Help Needed
Next Topic:

Firewire To Thunderbolt Question ››