mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Guitar player FIRED!!!  Can the XS handle this?"

Posted on: July 10, 2016 @ 07:49 PM
grlee1970
Total Posts:  13
Joined  02-24-2013

No, I didn’t fire him but I’m the one that’s going to have to provide some guitar strumming but I’m not a guitar player. The bass player just happens to be my left hand triggering some simple bass patterns and this works out great. What I really need now is the arpeggiator to strum a few triads based on my right hand piano chords. 

Is this possible?  If so, could someone direct me to the procedure.  If Pastor Phil Mcclendon (Minister of Motif) is listening, I’m sure he knows.  Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 12, 2016 @ 12:38 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

If you’re wanting to reach Bad_Mister, you need to visit yamahasynth.com, sign in, and visit their XF forum.

As for the process, you can do this in voice mode.  Select a guitar voice, and choose up to 5 ARPS you can assign in voice mode.  There are some very nice simple strums in the guitar category, or you can make your own from a pattern lick.  Making your own is more difficult but it’s spelled out in the reference manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 12, 2016 @ 08:36 AM
grlee1970
Total Posts:  13
Joined  02-24-2013

Thank you Richie1027 Ive been experimenting.  With someting as powerful as the Motif there’s a lot of compkexity.  Also thanks for letting me know about Pastor Phil McClendon.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 19, 2016 @ 02:37 PM
tonygardner
Total Posts:  39
Joined  08-15-2015

I do this a LOT.

At my church we have four musicians. Three of us play bass and guitar. Two of us play keys. One plays only acoustic guitar. No drummer. Usually, I’m the one playing keys, although I really shine on electric guitar. What’s a song leader to do?!?

To be perfectly honest, I do this a lot at HOME in my secret lair where I have programmed over 100 Multi presets, each for a specific song. The multi will typically have four parts: Drums, Bass, Piano and another instrument. Often that’s an electric or acoustic guitar sound. It’s almost funny really since I am a guitarist with 40+ years experience scrolling through hundreds of ARP patterns looking for just the right one to fit the first part of a Bridge. But until they invent human cloning, we’ll have to settle for Arpeggios.

I could go into mind numbing details how to program a complete Multi preset, but perhaps it would be easier if I were simply to share the X1E file, which you could load into your XS/XF via the XS/XF Editor and inspect everything for yourself.

Hit me up with a song title and I’ll see if I have something similar that I’ve already created.

Now if only I could get the Pastor to listen to this.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Question about midi hook-up of GR-1
Next Topic:

Motif XS6 ››