mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Couple of Questions about Montage"

Posted on: June 17, 2016 @ 05:22 AM
greedo
Total Posts:  48
Joined  11-23-2010

Hello!
Straight to the questions..

1. Can i change voices seamlessly (SSS) in a Live set or Performance (Don’t really know the right terminology ) with a pedal?
On the XF i allways made my “live set” in song mode, and then add the song to a Performance and used button 1 - 16 to change voices. I allways hated that i couldnt use a pedal. Its hard to push a button verry fast in the dark and in the middle of a prog solo :)

2. The Montage has 1,75 GB of Internal Flash Memory.
Can i expand the flash memory even more? I have 2 GB on the XF today, and i really could use more.

And one more, not that important question :)
Can i import sysex files from the DX7?
I really want the “E. Piano 1” patch from it :) I’ve heard couple of el piano patches on youtube with Montage, and i think it sounds allot thinner and brighter, but i guess thats not true :)

Thank you! :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 17, 2016 @ 11:22 AM
davlippo7
Total Posts:  252
Joined  10-06-2010
greedo - 17 June 2016 05:22 AM

Hello!
Straight to the questions..

1. Can i change voices seamlessly (SSS) in a Live set or Performance (Don’t really know the right terminology ) with a pedal?
On the XF i allways made my “live set” in song mode, and then add the song to a Performance and used button 1 - 16 to change voices. I allways hated that i couldnt use a pedal. Its hard to push a button verry fast in the dark and in the middle of a prog solo :)

2. The Montage has 1,75 GB of Internal Flash Memory.
Can i expand the flash memory even more? I have 2 GB on the XF today, and i really could use more.

And one more, not that important question :)
Can i import sysex files from the DX7?
I really want the “E. Piano 1” patch from it :) I’ve heard couple of el piano patches on youtube with Montage, and i think it sounds allot thinner and brighter, but i guess thats not true :)

Thank you! :)

Hi. I’d recommend posting your question on “YamahaSynth.com” under the Montage topic.

1) Not sure if the pedal switch has the option to advance performances sequentially but it might. I’ll check.

2) The flash memory is what it is and can’t be expanded although the load time is significantly improved so reloading quickly, if required, is an option.

3)There’s a conversion program available now so yes, all DX7 patches can be converted to the Montage performance format.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2016 @ 04:21 AM
greedo
Total Posts:  48
Joined  11-23-2010

Thanks for the answer davlippo7 :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2016 @ 06:31 AM
e.laforge
Total Posts:  41
Joined  02-03-2016

The Montage update 1.1 now has the TX816 E. Piano! which is actually an amazing 8 DX7s stacked upon one another, slightly detuned and panned.
check out the sound of it in this demo, FM-X is amazing!

check this vid at 1:58.
https://youtu.be/_wOnAaTNDeo?t=1m58s

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2016 @ 05:44 AM
jg666
Total Posts:  178
Joined  11-15-2015

Can the Montage import arpeggios that have been created on my MOXF?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2016 @ 12:58 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

You can get your questions answered at Yamahasynth.com. To access the forum there, you need to create an account (free).

https://www.yamahasynth.com

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ USB Hub Working on Montage
Next Topic:

Motif XF7 For Sale ››