mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF8 as a controller for Mainstage"

Posted on: May 31, 2016 @ 12:16 PM
jmoody16
Total Posts:  3
Joined  05-31-2016

Hello,

I’d like to set up my MOXF8 as a controller for Mainstage - using sounds mainly from Kontakt and Omnisphere.  I was hoping to be able to “attach” some of the buttons on the MOXF8 to specific mainstage events, but mainstage doesn’t seem to recognize any of the buttons on the MOXF8.  I have been able to successfully link a few of the knobs to Mainstage, but, that’s about it. 

Also, if I “reset” the patch numbers on Mainstage, the patch changes don’t work anymore.

I’ve read the MOXF8 instructions over and over again, but I can’t figure out how to do much with Mainstage. 

Thanks!

John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2016 @ 01:05 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

You’re in the XF forum, not the MOXF forum but he answer is the same:

NOPE

The Motifs are not set up like generic controller keyboards. You can’t map the buttons to anything because they don’t send MIDI, with a few exceptions like selecting voices sends program change messages.

Take the time to read the MOXF data List manual to fully understand the MIDI implementation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 31, 2016 @ 03:24 PM
jmoody16
Total Posts:  3
Joined  05-31-2016

Sorry I got the wrong forum!  I’ll post again in the MOXF forum, and I’ll look over the MOXF data List manual in more detail.  Thanks!  John

[ Ignore ]