mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading Voice LIbraries in Flash"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: May 26, 2016 @ 06:41 AM
Vearsh
Total Posts:  31
Joined  03-01-2016

Here is the scenario on my new XF

I have maxed it out to 2x 2GB (Mutec Flash boards of 2GB capacity each)

I have also bought 2 voice libraries from Digital Sound Factory namely

1. Motif Vocal Xpressions (400 MB) - 127 Patches
2. Motif World Xpedition (470 MB) - 127 Patches

I would like to load both on to FL1 and in User Banks 3 & 4

Question is can anyone advice how to do this so that I need these 2 libraries for ever on User Banks 3 & 4.

Thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2016 @ 08:37 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It’s necessary to set the correct Load Type and memory destination Load options. If the libraries have a lot of small samples, it might be better to use FL1 for one library and FL2 for the other, since the total number of samples per flash module is 8192. Otherwise, it’s possible that the full 2 GB capacity of FL1 might not be attainable if additional libraries with a large number of samples will later be loaded.

Use Load Type1bankvoice”. Select the Source and Destination Banks as desired for each of the libraries. See pages 243-244 of the XF Reference Manual.

Assuming the libraries are Type “all” with samples designated for FL1 (.n2.X3A extension), and that you want to use only FL1, set Load options…
USR > USR
FL1 > FL1
FL2 > FL2
...which is the default.

Modify those memory destination Load options if required.

See…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_flash_memory_expansion_modules

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/flash_board_session

Be sure to save an “all” file after loading.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2016 @ 10:51 AM
Vearsh
Joined  03-01-2016

Thanks.. I tried loading them

Looks like both are set to load at USR bank 1. So, one got overwritten.

I deleted all

Still I am confused. Appreciate a detailed reply for a 1st time noob :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2016 @ 03:05 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005
Vearsh - 26 May 2016 10:51 AM

Thanks.. I tried loading them

Looks like both are set to load at USR bank 1. So, one got overwritten.

You mean voice bank USR 1?

Ok, you have the samples in flash OK so it’s just the voice banks. Assuming you have not done anything else yet:

1. Do a Save All WITHOUT SAMPLES.

2. Using the file you just saved, do File->Load->1 bank voice (see Ref Manual p.243). Select USR1 and load it to USR 3.

3. Now using the All file for the library that was overwritten, do the same but his time copy USR 1 to the USR 4.

4. Check voices in each bank and make sure they sound OK. If not you may have to start over.

5. If it’s OK, do a new Save All WITHOUT SAMPLES and then a Save All WITH SAMPLES (this takes a while).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2016 @ 10:00 PM
Vearsh
Joined  03-01-2016

Thanks.. because of the confusion I formatted my flash and the banks restored t factory condition. Now it is clean w/o any samples

All I need is to have these 2 libraries in bank 1 & 2 through flash board FL1 so that I can use them anytime with out loading

Please guide me through from this scenario from scratch..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2016 @ 08:44 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Vearsh - 26 May 2016 10:00 PM

Thanks.. because of the confusion I formatted my flash and the banks restored t factory condition. Now it is clean w/o any samples

All I need is to have these 2 libraries in bank 1 & 2 through flash board FL1 so that I can use them anytime with out loading

Please guide me through from this scenario from scratch..

You previously posted:
“Question is can anyone advice how to do this so that I need these 2 libraries for ever on User Banks 3 & 4.”

If you’d like step-by-step assistance, please decide which User banks you want to load the Voices into.

Also, what are the file extensions for the DSF libraries?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2016 @ 09:14 AM
Vearsh
Joined  03-01-2016

1. Motif Vocal Xpressions (400 MB) - contains 127 Patches which loads into USR 1 automatically
https://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/motif-vocal-xpressions

File Name :
Digital Sound Factory Motif Vocal Xpressions.X0E
Digital_Sound_Factory_Motif_Vocal_Xpressions.X3A

2. Motif World Xpedition (470 MB) - contains127 Patches which loads into USR 1 automatically
https://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/motif-world-xpedition

File Name :
Digital Sound Factory Motif World Xpedition.X0E
Digital_Sound_Factory_Motif_World_Xpedition.X3A

I have pasted the data from the documentation came with the libraries for your info. I only have this :(

Digital Sound Factory Motif XS & XF Vocal Xpressions
349 megabytes – 127 programs
Digital Sound Factory Motif Vocal Xpressions is a collection of vocal ensembles, vocal hooks, synth voices, and effects. Vocal ensembles were recorded using multiple microphones to capture the realistic feel and airy characteristics. Motif programs include individual ensembles as well as combinations of ensembles rendering lush rich voices. Vocal hooks and effects will give character to all types of musical genres and spice up your sounds. Vocal Xpressions is primed with high quality sounds waiting to enhance your music.
This Voice Library requires DIMM memory for a Motif XS, or Flash Memory for the Motif XF.

Digital Sound Factory Motif XS & XF Performer
468 megabytes – 127 programs
World Xpedition for Motif XS & XF is 468 megabytes of strings, winds, and percussion instruments from around the globe. Each instrument is featured in the pure form along with many other worldly variations. All samples are designed to allow for as much of the natural decay as possible. Stringed and Percussion instruments are multi sampled and layered to allow for velocity cross switch between layers for ultimate realism. African melodic and percussion, Chinese and India winds, Russian strings, and steel percussion instruments will color musical compositions with old world harmonic textures. This collection brings inspiring elements that weave the old world into the new world
This Voice Library requires DIMM memory for a Motif XS, or Flash Memory for the Motif XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2016 @ 09:34 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You haven’t been consistent about the User banks you want to load the Voices into, and without that information exact steps can’t be provided.

Rather than duplicating effort, perhaps Bad Mister will adequately reply to your similar thread elsewhere.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2016 @ 10:12 AM
Vearsh
Joined  03-01-2016
5pinDIN - 27 May 2016 09:34 AM

You haven’t been consistent about the User banks you want to load the Voices into, and without that information exact steps can’t be provided.

Rather than duplicating effort, perhaps Bad Mister will adequately reply to your similar thread elsewhere.

Hi.. Its a new XF6 and I’d be happy to put these sounds in USR 1 & USR 2 respectively as I need these for ever on my user banks

Hope my point is clear

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2016 @ 11:05 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Vearsh - 27 May 2016 10:12 AM

Hi.. Its a new XF6 and I’d be happy to put these sounds in USR 1 & USR 2 respectively as I need these for ever on my user banks

Hope my point is clear

When the XF is new (or after a factory reset), Voice Bank USR 1 contains unique Voices not found in the PREset banks. If a bank from one of the DSF libraries is loaded to USR 1, those Voices will be overwritten.

Do you still want to load to USR 1 and 2, or go back to your original choice of USR 3 and 4?

EDIT: As I expected, there’s a reply elsewhere, and little purpose in my responding here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2016 @ 06:18 PM
mikebengel
Total Posts:  86
Joined  03-16-2013

Maybe this will help http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/flash_board_session

I don’t know all the proper lingo, but went through the same issues your talking about.  I Got john melas tools + waveform editor which helped me to visualize some things going on.

Create a Save all file from a fresh restart, for later recall.

For one When a All file is saved the waveform(sample data) will either be on US1 FL1 or FL2.  Being that your library is over the 128mb limit for US1 that rules that out, so It’s stored on FL1.  When you press[File] and then select a all file to load you want to alway pay attention to the options on the right, under LOAD.  US1 FL1 FL2.  FL1 = FL1 only when you want to write to the flash board.  It defaults like this every time you power on.  Make sure you remember this cause later on you’ll want to load something and you want to switch it to FL1 = NONE.  Otherwise it will write data or duplicate waveforms.  Just remember this.

Press FILE, select your first library you want to load to flash.  Select FL1 = FL1 it should be by default.  Enter and it will load to flash.

Pay attention to the banks you want load from that library.

Next load the the second library you want on the flash drive with FL1 = FL1

Now you’ve got both library’s on the flash drive.  You can now load the all file from the fresh restart.  Make sure you select FL1 = NONE. This is for bringing back the first 2 banks from factory reset.

Now load the first library again, but select type = 1 bank voice then the bank your going to overwrite which would be 3.  left arrow back to the library selection screen and hit enter on the library name.  Now select which bank you want from the library.  Make sure FL1 = NONE.

Repeat the last step for the second library selecting type = 1 bank voice, but replace bank 4.  Hope this helps. 

Then save all file with sample, then save all file without sample.

The all file with sample data will be for backup. later on you can recall your all file that is without sample.  Just make sure you still set FL1 = NONE when you load it cause it will still create blank duplicate waveforms if you don’t. 

Peace!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2016 @ 08:31 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
mikebengel - 27 May 2016 06:18 PM

Maybe this will help http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/flash_board_session

I wonder if it will help any more than when I posted that same link in my first reply of this thread.

:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2016 @ 08:53 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
5pinDIN - 27 May 2016 08:31 PM
mikebengel - 27 May 2016 06:18 PM

I wonder if it will help any more than when I posted that same link in my first reply of this thread.

:-)

Only if you provide an abridged version of the key attributes of said link.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2016 @ 09:08 PM
mikebengel
Total Posts:  86
Joined  03-16-2013

lol...To funny.  I was skimming over and didn’t take notice since the original poster kept asking the same question.  Now I see your post has all the information you need to figure it out.  Sorry.  But thank’s for the laugh!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 30, 2016 @ 04:37 AM
Vearsh
Joined  03-01-2016

Thanks to all wellwishers and satire kings

I got a very detailed reply from Mr. Phil on the pther forum and that worked charmingly..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 30, 2016 @ 08:58 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Vearsh - 30 May 2016 04:37 AM

Thanks to all wellwishers and satire kings

I got a very detailed reply from Mr. Phil on the pther forum and that worked charmingly..

I’m glad you got things sorted out. I would have provided similar information, but it was obvious that my efforts would have been duplicative.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XF as MIDI controller
Next Topic:

Song Creating Question ››