mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Sample Memory Full Message"

Page 2 of 3
Posted on: January 16, 2016 @ 07:02 PM
Gametime
Total Posts:  21
Joined  06-05-2012

Thanks again for helping me.

So i try to load it again i give me the sample full message ? i don’t understand this add all how can it say sample full if my free size is 558mb ?  the size of the Iiaf file is 466mb ?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2016 @ 07:06 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Gametime - 16 January 2016 07:02 PM

Thanks again for helping me.

So i try to load it again i give me the sample full message ? i don’t understand this add all how can it say sample full if my free size is 558mb ?  the size of the Iiaf file is 466mb ?

Thanks.

What is the exact complete message?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2016 @ 07:18 PM
Gametime
Joined  06-05-2012

Triangle - Sample memory full.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2016 @ 07:59 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Gametime - 16 January 2016 07:18 PM

Triangle - Sample memory full.

Yes, there should have been enough room to load IiaF again in the 558MB space. If there were too many KeyBanks or Waveforms, there would have been a different error message.

There may be a problem with the flash memory module. It’s possible that it isn’t making good contact in the slot.

You could try removing the flash module and reinstalling it. Begin on page 76 of the XF Owner’s Manual, making sure the power is disconnected - follow Installation Procedure steps 1, 2, and 3 on that page.

Removing the Module is shown in steps 1 and 2 on page 77.

To reinstall the module, see steps 4-1 ~ 4-3 on page 77. Step 4-2 is very important so that the connection is properly made - be sure to press down as it shows.

After the module is reinstalled and everything is back together and connected, format the flash module again, and try to load IiaF once more. I hope that works.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2016 @ 12:03 AM
Gametime
Joined  06-05-2012

Thanks , i have follow the steps and did every thing the manual says.

Put the flash out and put it back again like it was say in the manual.

So i reformatted the flash module.

This time i was try to load something else ( XSpand your world ) to see what happen so i am 100% sure it is the Iiaf file.

Ok so i load the all file .

Usr - FL1
Fl1 - fl1
Fl2 - fl2

Again it gives me the sample full message.

So i look in the flash nothing was written still 1022 free space.

Again i give it a try and the second time it gives me the disk/write error but this time it do writes samples to the flash 641 free space but not load like it needs to load.

Then i go back to the file menu to load the user banks

Usr - Usr
Fl1 - none
Fl2 - none

Sample memory full. Message

:(

It look like the flash board is not good then i have a huge problem.

I buy’d it like 3 years ago i still have the papers ( how about the warranty from yamaha i pay 350 euros )

I never did anything strange with it actually i only load max 10 times a sample libarie.

I realy appreciate if some one from yamaha reply to this or some one who know what the exact problem is.

Thanks. ( sorry for my bad englisch :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2016 @ 10:29 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

XSpand Your World is a library originally meant for the Motif XS. The XS doesn’t have flash modules - it has optional SDRAM (DIMMs), which is User (USR) memory.

You should have been able to load XSpand Your World using these settings:
USR > FL1
FL1 > FL1
FL2 > FL2

Apparently that didn’t work correctly.

---------

The XF has 128MB of SDRAM (USR) memory. Since XSpand Your World is much larger than that, the “Sample memory full” message is normal if you load like this:
USR > USR
FL1 > None
FL2 > None

----------

Just in case there is some misunderstanding about flash module usage, see these support articles:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_flash_memory_expansion_modules

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/flash_board_session

----------

Based on what you have posted, it appears that there is a problem with your XF. You could try one more thing - move the flash module to the other slot in the XF.

If that doesn’t help…
Your member profile indicates that you are located in the Netherlands.
You could try contacting Yamaha at:
Yamaha Music Europe
Branch Benelux
Clarissenhof 5b, 4133 AB Vianen
Tel 31) 347-358040
Fax (31) 347-358060

Or try posting here:
https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=index&Itemid=851

Best of luck in getting the problem resolved.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2016 @ 12:19 PM
Gametime
Joined  06-05-2012

Thanks again , but do you think its the xf or the flash that has a problem ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2016 @ 12:44 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Gametime - 17 January 2016 12:19 PM

Thanks again , but do you think its the xf or the flash that has a problem ?

You’re welcome.

I don’t know if the problem is with the module or the XF’s flash interface, etc. The XF has built-in diagnostics (Test Mode), but I think you should contact Yamaha and see what they have to say.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2016 @ 02:18 PM
Gametime
Joined  06-05-2012

Ok so i put the flash in the second slot to 2 sure the problem is the first slot.

Do i need to load the Iiaf all file this way ?

Usr - FL2
FL1-FL1
FL2-FL2

And then load all user banks

Usr - Usr
Fl1 -none
Fl2-none

?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2016 @ 02:35 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Gametime - 17 January 2016 02:18 PM

Ok so i put the flash in the second slot to 2 sure the problem is the first slot.

Do i need to load the Iiaf all file this way ?

Usr - FL2
FL1-FL1
FL2-FL2

And then load all user banks

Usr - Usr
Fl1 -none
Fl2-none

?

Thanks

Format the module after you move it to the second slot.

Then try loading IiaF like this…
USR > FL2
FL1 > FL2
FL2 > FL2

If it works correctly, that should install everything to the flash module, and the User banks at the same time. If you get an error message, it’s time to contact Yamaha.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 17, 2016 @ 04:52 PM
Gametime
Joined  06-05-2012

i try slot 2 again the same problems , i create a new topic on the yamaha synth forum lets hope that some one can help me .

https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=post&id=4922&Itemid=851

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2016 @ 11:28 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Gametime - 17 January 2016 04:52 PM

i try slot 2 again the same problems , i create a new topic on the yamaha synth forum lets hope that some one can help me .

https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=post&id=4922&Itemid=851

thanks

You mentioned on yamahasynth that you have the “silver box”. If that’s the Motif 10th Anniversary Special Pack, then it came with a DVD.

On the DVD is a folder “C. Additional 128 MB Motif XF Voice Data”. That folder contains these files:
Inspire_bnk2RAM.n3.X3A
Inspire_bnk3RAM.n3.X3A
Inspire_bnk4RAM.n3.X3A
They can be copied to a USB drive.

Each of those files can be loaded to the XF without needing a flash module, one at a time. The Load settings to do that are:
USR > USR
FL1 > FL1
FL2 > FL2

You could try loading one file (only one will fit in the 128MB SDRAM at a time). If it loads properly, then the USB drive and SDRAM are working correctly. If the XF is powered off, the samples do not remain in SDRAM.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2016 @ 11:46 AM
Gametime
Joined  06-05-2012

Hi , yes i have the silver box but i don’t have a dvd ? i only got a usb with chick mark & Symphonic Xf on it.

Then The box with the flash module and a paper with some codes for the proloque & organ emulator thats it . price 355 euro

Maybe you can help me with this the guy on the yamaha forum ask this :

_ Try loading just one User Bank at a time - (Load TYPE = 1Bank Voice) this will reveal in which section your data is possibly corrupted..

_ If you can still not reach success, then try loading a single Voice from the file. Report your success/failure.

It is clear you are having difficulty, and from your posts, it is also clear you are not consistent or clear about the settings in your attempts.  ( I WAS VERY CLEAR :)

He want me to try to load a singel usr bank from the Iiaf file.

do i need to go this way - usr - fl1
fl1-fl1
fl2-fl2

And for the single voice ?

This will be my last attempt then i will call the store and also ask for the dvd if you are 100% sure that it must be inside the box.

Thanks for your time again really appreciate it

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2016 @ 12:40 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Gametime - 20 January 2016 11:46 AM

Hi , yes i have the silver box but i don’t have a dvd ? i only got a usb with chick mark & Symphonic Xf on it.

Then The box with the flash module and a paper with some codes for the proloque & organ emulator thats it . price 355 euro

The 10th Anniversary “silver box” was different in the US than it was in Europe…
http://europe.yamaha.com/en/news_events/music_production/motif_xf_10th_anniversary_box_for_free/
...so you got what was supposed to be in it. When did you buy your XF? As you can see from the link, there was a time when that box was free when purchasing an XF.

Gametime -

[...]He want me to try to load a singel usr bank from the Iiaf file.

do i need to go this way - usr - fl1
fl1-fl1
fl2-fl2

And for the single voice ? [...]

If the flash module is still in slot 2…
USR > USR
FL1 > FL2
FL2 > FL2

If the flash module is in slot 1…
USR > USR
FL1 > FL1
FL2 > FL2

With those Load settings, using “1 bank voice” you can load Bank 2, 3, or 4 as the Source, or you can load a single voice. The Waveforms/Samples will go to the flash module.

---------

If you want to try loading to USR memory, see this:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/451590/

---------

If you still have problems, I suggest that you phone Yamaha - I previously gave the information. Often the support people can discuss things and quickly determine what the problem is.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2016 @ 02:36 PM
Gametime
Joined  06-05-2012

Update :

So i send back the flash card & they repair/checked it , but ....

i load the iiaf file with the message complete , but if i load a different sound bank again and then again the iiaf users banks the problem begins .... user 2 voice 1 s700 again play a choir YTS_05 i think ? i remember you said it must contain 357 samples & end with houseloop4.

But if i load the downloaded iiaf file into john mellas wave editor it only shows 353 samples ending with houseloop4 & 1 file in the user YTS_05.

Is this a bad file ? because you mention there must be 357 samples ?

My motif also load 353 samples ending with houseloop4

Thank You

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ No sound when I load voice from usb
Next Topic:

Obscure bug ››