mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sequencer Note Event and Track Problems"

Posted on: May 22, 2016 @ 11:52 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

Hi!

1. I have been working on a cover of “Me Without You”, by tobyMac. I recorded a drum track, but accidentally left only two measures before I started, as there is a guitar intro, rather than four. I have the track almost perfect, and I have a very hard time recording drum tracks, so I do not want to have to redo it. How would I move the drum track two measures ahead in the song?

2. I tried to edit the above measure-shift under Part Edit. When I tried to shift the measure number that the first note event starts on up, it reversed itself when I hit play, no matter what I did. Then, it changed the note from C1 to D1, which changed it from a kick to a snare. So, I thought, just switch it back to C1. But, when I tried, if I did so, the event would switch, but offset everything else in the track. So I deleted it, thinking that it was an inserted event, which I could have done accidentally. Instead, it made it worse, as the next event, which was a kick drum, started on beat three, instead of two. So, I switched the beat number to number two, but the other notes remained on beat four, then the next measure, and so on. They didn’t adapt like they did when I tried the first time. There isn’t an undo button, is there? What can I do to fix this, other than manually adjusting every single note event?

Thank You!!!

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2016 @ 08:16 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005
Mighty Motif Max - 22 May 2016 11:52 PM

How would I move the drum track two measures ahead in the song?

Copy Event Job p.159 in the Reference Manual

Song -> Job -> [F3]Event Jobs -> Copy Event

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 23, 2016 @ 08:50 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Joined  04-30-2016

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2016 @ 01:40 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Joined  04-30-2016

This did not seem to work, as all it did was splice several measures further in the song. What I need is to actually move the ENTIRE track four measures over, meaning from the beginning. Am I doing something wrong?

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2016 @ 03:21 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Mighty Motif Max - 25 May 2016 01:40 PM

This did not seem to work, as all it did was splice several measures further in the song. What I need is to actually move the ENTIRE track four measures over, meaning from the beginning. Am I doing something wrong?
-Max

When you perform a [SONG]-->02: Copy Event Job, you are responsible for defining a “specified source range to a specified destination location”.

Therefore, you must be sure your source range definition incorporates the entire length of the track that you wish to Copy...and then Shift(paste) to a forward clock location.

That said, why not just do a [SONG]-->01: Shift Clock Job? Realize that here again, you still must define the correct range to include the entire length of the Track you wish to Shift.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2016 @ 05:55 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Joined  04-30-2016

I am trying this as I write!

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2016 @ 07:45 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Joined  04-30-2016

I made too many mistakes early on, and ended up saving them. I simply re-recorded everything and now I am finished with this project. Thanks for your help!

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Switching between mixer tracks with foot pedal switch
Next Topic:

XF as MIDI controller ››