mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "sound system for MOXF8"

Posted on: May 06, 2016 @ 11:07 AM
alex1990
Total Posts:  9
Joined  03-26-2016

Hi there.
Im gonna buy some acoustic system for my MOXF8.
From time to time I want to use my synthesizer like a real piano in a rehearsal with a real violin or cello duo. What could you advice me to buy? (preferably smthing not extremely expensive.)
thanks in advance ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2016 @ 01:26 PM
blake80
Total Posts:  110
Joined  03-14-2014

It would be advisable to get a stereo system as you can get phasing problems, frequency drop outs using a mono system.

I know roland do a range of good quality keyboard amps but it depends on how portable you need the system to be and what type of venues you will be playing in.

I used to use active speakers when I was gigging. I used 2 Mackie SRM 450s and a small mixer. Those speakers are great at handling all frequencies a synth can project.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2016 @ 03:52 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

If you will only be amplifying the MOXF, any pair of powered PA speakers will do the job. What you need to look for is sufficient volume for your application and quality of tone, then you should consider size, weight and price come into play.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 06, 2016 @ 04:00 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
alex1990 - 06 May 2016 11:07 AM

Hi there.
Im gonna buy some acoustic system for my MOXF8.
From time to time I want to use my synthesizer like a real piano in a rehearsal with a real violin or cello duo. What could you advice me to buy? (preferably smthing not extremely expensive.)
thanks in advance ;)

There are many threads on the various Motifator pages dealing with this particular issue.

Here are just a few of them:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/458868/#530359
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/458346/#527806
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/m../viewthread/473485/
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/472156/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 09, 2016 @ 12:06 PM
alex1990
Total Posts:  9
Joined  03-26-2016

Guys
thank you all for your replies. You cannot imagine how useful it is.
Thanks!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 11, 2016 @ 01:20 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

I’m usign Yamaha Stagepas 300. It is small and compact so I’m use it both as monitors at home and for gig (although these days rarely). For me it’s nice cause I could connect up to 4 mic and or guitars and my beloved MOFX, Rac XS and ES. Since it has also monitor outputs, I’m using it over small headphone amp to hear all equipment together.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2016 @ 01:44 PM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

Powered PA speaker(s) are the way to go.  lots of opinions, lots of factors for you to decide apply to you:  stereo vs mono, cost, weight, max volume, clarity, etc. 

another place you can search for opinions on keyboard speakers is keyboard corner forum.

note that all of the good piano voices in MOXF/Motif are designed for stereo, so there is a degradation plugging a summed line in a mono single speaker.  Still can sound good enough for alot of applications but its not the stereo version you hear in headphones.  That said I play out of a mono PPA speaker 90% of the time for convenience.  but i play in loud rock bands, nuance is not going to be appreciated.  and the one band that i use a LOT of piano, i insist on FOH running me stereo.  I plug both feeds into a PPA speaker just as a monitor but the audience hears the stereo version

I offer only one recommendation:  DO NOT BUY A ROLAND KEYBOARD AMP.  not any of them.  you will think your keyboard doesn’t sound very good.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2016 @ 01:57 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
motidave - 13 June 2016 01:44 PM

...I offer only one recommendation:  DO NOT BUY A ROLAND KEYBOARD AMP.  not any of them.  you will think your keyboard doesn’t sound very good.

I would certainly agree with that!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2016 @ 07:03 PM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

For what its worth, I think the Yamaha DXR10s sound amazing.  I strongly prefer to K10s, which many point to as a standard of sorts.  Especially for piano, they are warmer and richer imo.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2016 @ 09:25 PM
Forrest88
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-15-2008

I have tried a number of combinations on sound systems for my MOXF8, yet I finally settled on the Roland KC 110 and have been really please with what this little amp can do .  Although not real powerful it is STEREO and captures the sound and nuances of the MOXF8 really well.  It is also compact and super reliable.  Playing with violins, etc. this would be a good choice as you are not trying to rock out the concert hall.  It also has great output/inputs and can be routed to a PA....

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF8 Questions
Next Topic:

Best acoustic piano 3rd party library for MOXF ››