mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF Arpeggio manager"

Page 2 of 3
Posted on: April 28, 2016 @ 05:37 PM
JeanGoncalves
Total Posts:  31
Joined  10-25-2014

Correctif due to a translation issue.

File Attachments
exe.win32-3.4.zip  (File Size: 4585KB - Downloads: 216)
tkmergeArps_en.zip  (File Size: 4KB - Downloads: 182)
notes.txt  (File Size: 2KB - Downloads: 256)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2016 @ 12:06 PM
B.Minor
Total Posts:  126
Joined  10-22-2010

Well done, JeanGoncalves. Thanks a lot for the new version!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2016 @ 12:36 PM
JeanGoncalves
Joined  10-25-2014

Here is a new (and last?) version and (I hope) better explanations.

New:
Generating a report (.txt file) of the new created file with the old numbers of arppegios.
Inserting multiple gaps.
New notes.txt with a short tutorial.

Don’t hesitate to correct me for the syntax/grammar of notes.txt

File Attachments
exe.win32-3.4.zip  (File Size: 4586KB - Downloads: 211)
tkmergeArps_en.zip  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 170)
notes.txt  (File Size: 7KB - Downloads: 262)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2016 @ 08:52 AM
JeanGoncalves
Joined  10-25-2014

Here is a new version:
- removing the need of inserting gaps by populating middle listBox with empty arpeggios and selecting the position of moved arpeggio directly in the middle windows.
- Refactoring for avoiding memory error when loading large file.

File Attachments
exe.win32-3.4.zip  (File Size: 4586KB - Downloads: 197)
tkmergeArps_en.zip  (File Size: 4KB - Downloads: 196)
notes.txt  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 222)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2016 @ 03:51 PM
JeanGoncalves
Joined  10-25-2014

Here is a new version.

New:

If you load a .x6A “All” file, a button “Use of arps” is enabled and let you see where the user arpeggios are used (voices, performances, songs and patterns)
You can also, from this new screen, write a .txt report of the uses of arppegios.

For testing and see the result I include a .X6A file.

There is also some screenshots.

Image Attachments
Ecran1.pngEcran2.pngEcran3.pngEcran4.png
File Attachments
exe.win32-3.4.zip  (File Size: 4591KB - Downloads: 190)
TEST1.zip  (File Size: 441KB - Downloads: 210)
notes.txt  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 290)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2016 @ 11:15 AM
B.Minor
Joined  10-22-2010

Wow, I’m really impressed. Amazing work, JeanGoncalves.

Your newly implemented add-on to look up the Arp usage inside any voice, performance, song or pattern - as part of an X6A file - is really great! Thanks for providing that additional goodie!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 04, 2016 @ 04:22 PM
JeanGoncalves
Joined  10-25-2014

@B.Minor:
Thank you very much for the support.

Here is a new version.

As I can’t delete my old versions and the zip is relatively big
I try a link by google drive :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gZueHzXLovd0RoYkZmUWFIN1E/view?usp=sharing

New:

As you can see on the screenshot of main window there is a new button “Use of sel” on the left and right windows.
Clicking on this button open a dialog windows showing the use of the arpeggio selected (voices, performances, songs, patterns) in the corresponding window.

As you can see also on the screenshot on the window ‘Use of arps’, I rename the confusing notation “UserArp1:002” to “Arp1:User002”.

Future versions:

Cosmetic improvements (replacing the ListBoxs by Grids)
I think I have finish for the features.

I begin looking at the .X3A and .X3G

In case I understand well the file format (it’s a more difficult because I don’t have Motif to generated theses files even if I have load some from this site) I don’t know actually if I made one or two programs.
One programm seems difficult because Motif have VOICE USER1..4, PERFS 1..4 and 5 arpeggios by voice and the Moxf VOICE USER1..3, PERFS 1..2, and 6 arpeggios by voice and other internal differences.
So I look for 2 programms (one Motif loading .X3? , one Moxf loading .X6?) and each have the possibillity to write .X6G or .X3G

Image Attachments
image1.pngimage2.pngimage3.pngimage4.png
File Attachments
notes.txt  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 473)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2016 @ 12:36 PM
B.Minor
Joined  10-22-2010

Hi JeanGoncalves,

I used your tool already several times in order to manage my MOXF Arpeggios in a consolidated way, customizing my personal libraries. Seems to work great so far without any problems!

As your application seems to be stable, may I kindly ask you if you’d be willing to continue your investigations/development any further to include X3A/X3G/X0A/X0G file import with X6G file export as well? I guess for MOXF owners it wouldn’t really matter if it takes a different tool to do the trick (just in case it cannot be implemented into the same application) as long as someone like you is trying to achieve that functionality at all! Tell me what you think.

Thanks a lot.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2016 @ 07:08 AM
JeanGoncalves
Joined  10-25-2014

@B.Minor:
Thank you for your feedback.
I’ll watch the format of MOTIF files, but not right away.
I understand reading and writing .X3? files is useful for MOTIF users,
but, in my opinion, less for MOXF users.
In my case, for x3a or x3g files, I read them in the Moxf and save it as X6 files, then I can manage the arpeggios with the program.
For MOTIF XS files (X0), I load them in the Waveform editor of John Melas and I save it in MOTIF XF format (X3), then i can convert them in X6 files with the Moxf.
All that is done in few minutes.
So, for you, what’s the interest of the program ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2016 @ 02:20 PM
B.Minor
Joined  10-22-2010

Thanks for your reply. The interest would be to import Arpeggios from XF or XS based libraries directly to your PC application and to re-save those data back in proper MOXF format without applying the long-winded procedure you exactly described above, namely converting files via Melas Tools first, loading & resaving those files using the MOXF synth, transferring data again to PC and finally merge those with other MOXF-based Arpeggios already prepared the same way before. Or in other words, it really would be very nice to have a solution which does it all in one single shot.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2016 @ 05:45 PM
JeanGoncalves
Joined  10-25-2014

@B.Minor:
Ok, I understand.
As I say, I look XF and XS format latter.
(I am working on others projects for MOXF)
Of course, if I make something, I post that here.
Thank you for the support.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 25, 2016 @ 08:05 AM
JeanGoncalves
Joined  10-25-2014

Hello
Here is a new version of the program with a new interface and correction of a bug when reading some .X6A file
The distribution is more light, one .exe file.
The doc “notes-en.txt” is include in the zip file with two .X6A files for testing purpose.
Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gZueHzXLovY2RqNTlNZHg5ZkU/view?usp=sharing

Image Attachments
image1.pngimage1a.pngimage2.pngimage3.pngimage4.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2016 @ 09:12 PM
moxfman
Total Posts:  80
Joined  03-13-2016

Very pleased I found this thread!

So...take this scenario…

You compile a custom library (in Melas Waveform Editor) of voices from numerous .X6A sound libraries. You then save this new custom library as an ALL file in .X3A format. Some of the voices have arps.

Then load newly created .X3A file into the MOXF.

At this point the arps do not get loaded as the Melas Tools can only work with voices and waveforms in .X6A format.

Using the Arpeggio Manager, you create custom .X6G files from the .X6A files - having made a note of which voices you’ve included in your Melas Tools-created custom library (.X3A) that use arps.

What steps do you need to take (if any) to ensure the voices will be able to reference the correct arpeggio location when you load .X6G files created using Arpeggio Manager into the MOXF?

Or will the voices that have arps associated with them know automatically what arps to reference? In other words the location of the arpeggios in MOXF user memory doesn’t matter?

I hope the question makes sense?!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2016 @ 09:27 AM
JeanGoncalves
Joined  10-25-2014

@moxfman:

Hello

Currently you have to edit manually voices and performances user arppegios references, this is why Arpeggio manager produce listings.

But in a few weeks, I post in this forum my new soft ‘MoxfPerformanceRecorder’ which can relocate automatically user arpeggios of bank of voices and performances.

I post also a new version of Arpeggio Manager.

The first goal of ‘MoxfPerformanceRecorder’ is direct recording performance (midi) and sending the record to Moxf or DAW for resolving the problem of recording performance with arpeggio type ‘sort/direct’ or ‘thru/direct’ which is normally not possible without editing the performance.

The soft is ready and I have to wrote a small doc (which is not easy for me in english !).

More in a few weeks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2016 @ 12:04 PM
moxfman
Total Posts:  80
Joined  03-13-2016
JeanGoncalves - 18 November 2016 09:27 AM

@moxfman:

Hello

Currently you have to edit manually voices and performances user arppegios references, this is why Arpeggio manager produce listings.

But in a few weeks, I post in this forum my new soft ‘MoxfPerformanceRecorder’ which can relocate automatically user arpeggios of bank of voices and performances.

I post also a new version of Arpeggio Manager.

The first goal of ‘MoxfPerformanceRecorder’ is direct recording performance (midi) and sending the record to Moxf or DAW for resolving the problem of recording performance with arpeggio type ‘sort/direct’ or ‘thru/direct’ which is normally not possible without editing the performance.

The soft is ready and I have to wrote a small doc (which is not easy for me in english !).

More in a few weeks.

OK, so you have to edit the voices on the MOXF itself to point to the correct location of the arpeggios created with Arpeggio Manager.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Look forward to trying out MoxfPerformanceRecorder so that step is removed! Will make things easier for sure.

Great work JeanGoncalves!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Getting the terminology right between the MOXF and the Motif Rack XS
Next Topic:

tap tempo ? ››