mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to load voices and access them"

Posted on: May 03, 2016 @ 01:02 PM
joelvan77
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-21-2011

Hello,

Our church purchases a Motif ES8 and it came with several USB memory sticks full of voices.  I can figure how to plug it in and how to load the voices, but i don’t know where to find the loaded voices.  I’m the guitarist at our church so I don’t really know how to browse the preset library well.

Any help?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2016 @ 06:49 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
joelvan77 - 03 May 2016 01:02 PM

Our church purchases a Motif ES8 and it came with several USB memory sticks full of voices.  I can figure how to plug it in and how to load the voices, but i don’t know where to find the loaded voices.

I’m a bit confused. If this is true…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/457573/
... it would seem you’ve had an ES for 4.5 years.

Anyway, User Programs load to banks USER 1 and/or USER 2. Voices are accessed by pressing the [VOICE] button, then selecting A1 ~ H16. Loaded Voices could be anywhere within those 256 locations. There might also be Performances, etc.

File names and extensions might provide clues to the content. Even the demo versions of John Melas’ software might allow you to determine what you have.

joelvan77 -

I’m the guitarist at our church so I don’t really know how to browse the preset library well.

Presets are accessed by selecting the buttons labeled PRE 1, etc. That content doesn’t change with loading a file.

Do you have the ES Owner’s Manual? If not, that and other useful things can be downloaded…
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=usa.yamaha.com&category_id1=16277&product_id=106373

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2016 @ 06:52 PM
joelvan77
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-21-2011

Yes...I have had 4.5 years to learn it...we’ve just found the patches onboard that have worked for our needs, but our keyboard player is wanting to branch out now.  Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2016 @ 07:06 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If you provide some additional information, such as file names with extensions, and if they’re commercial product, we might be able to tell you something about them and what/where they load.

The [CATEGORY SEARCH] function might also be of use in investigating what you have. See page 62 of the ES Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ ES rack, rotary control with expression pedal
Next Topic:

mLAN16E board ››