mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "iPad Apps and MOXF"

Posted on: April 19, 2016 @ 10:50 AM
PatAzz
Total Posts:  57
Joined  01-25-2011

New to the MOXF8, but have had a Motif Rack XS for a number of years.

I have (all) the Motif iPad apps and want to use them with the MOXF.

Is there a tutorial available somewhere on how to set them up and integrate them with the MOXF?

Thanks in advance -
Pat

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2016 @ 02:11 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

PatAzz - 19 April 2016 10:50 AM

New to the MOXF8, but have had a Motif Rack XS for a number of years.

I have (all) the Motif iPad apps and want to use them with the MOXF.

Is there a tutorial available somewhere on how to set them up and integrate them with the MOXF?

Thanks in advance -
Pat

You have only manuals that could be find in every app. Also, you could download manuals in PDF.
Applications are really intuitive, so you will use them from the start. Just plug your USB cable into
lightning to USB connector and in app go to settings menu and as a model select MOXF6 / MOXF8.
That’s it!

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2016 @ 04:28 PM
PatAzz
Joined  01-25-2011

that sounds unbelievable easy. I’ll give it a try and get started.

Pat

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2016 @ 02:16 PM
jg666
Total Posts:  178
Joined  11-15-2015

Which Lightening to USB female adaptor did you use for this? Does it matter which one you buy or does it need to be the official Apple Camera Connector one?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2016 @ 03:43 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

It’s Apple Cammera Connection Kit (CCK). But I said lightning to USB since I have iPad Air. Recently I have used iPad 2 where CCK is 30pin adapter. It’s just nameing of different connectors (30pin or lightning) with the same function. And yes, it is Apple adapter not a special one.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2016 @ 03:46 PM
jg666
Total Posts:  178
Joined  11-15-2015

Thanks. I have the Air2 so I need the Lightning version

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2016 @ 01:18 PM
PatAzz
Joined  01-25-2011

I want to clarify my ask.

I’m trying to use the Yamaha editors with an IPad MINI (v2), which has the lightning connection. From the documentation I found it can only be connected via MIDI, not USB.

Is this truly the case (e.g., no way to connect via USB so I can use the MIDI connection for other things)???

BTw - Thanks for the video. It did a good job of demoing using the Ipad as an external module.

Pat

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2016 @ 04:12 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

PatAzz - 01 May 2016 01:18 PM

I want to clarify my ask.

I’m trying to use the Yamaha editors with an IPad MINI (v2), which has the lightning connection. From the documentation I found it can only be connected via MIDI, not USB.

Is this truly the case (e.g., no way to connect via USB so I can use the MIDI connection for other things)???

BTw - Thanks for the video. It did a good job of demoing using the Ipad as an external module.

Pat

I was in the same situation when I bought MOXF. At that time I had iPad 2 with 30pin CCK, but MOXF could not be recognized via USB. That’s why I bought iMX1 interface, also mentioned in user guides for Yamaha apps. Just two weeks after, Yamaha release new firmware for MOXF (1.10) that provides capability to send both MIDI/audio over USB. New issues comes when I moved to iPad Air2 with lightning connector. I could receive only MIDI not audio. But, new updates again remove pain :). MOXF firmware 1.13 is fully compatible with the latest iOS 9.3.1. You should just have lightning to USB connector and plug USB cable to MOXF.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2016 @ 09:47 AM
PatAzz
Joined  01-25-2011

Thanks. I didn’t think about looking at the MOXF OS version. I’ll do so tonight.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2016 @ 11:54 AM
B.Minor
Total Posts:  126
Joined  10-22-2010

nbadesign wrote:

MOXF firmware 1.13 is fully compatible with the latest iOS 9.3.1.

Hi Alex, is there a special site from where to download MOXF FW V1.13?
The latest official version I’m aware of is V1.11.
Did I miss anything? Thanks for clarification.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2016 @ 12:48 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

B.Minor - 03 May 2016 11:54 AM

nbadesign wrote:

MOXF firmware 1.13 is fully compatible with the latest iOS 9.3.1.

Hi Alex, is there a special site from where to download MOXF FW V1.13?
The latest official version I’m aware of is V1.11.
Did I miss anything? Thanks for clarification.

Sorry, I made mistake. Yes, the latest version is 1.11

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2016 @ 02:31 PM
Keg8605
Total Posts:  7
Joined  01-31-2013

Quick question - anyone use the Yamaha MD-Bt01 with success with these apps?  I thought it would work to edit the moxf wirelessly but in fact its not working. It works for standard midi signals.  I’ll be picking up the lightning to usb adapter tonight since it seems I do need that then.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2016 @ 09:37 PM
Keg8605
Total Posts:  7
Joined  01-31-2013

Hey guys - so i’ve got the lightning usb adapter going.  I can edit the sounds but when I just try to change the name using the iPad it does not submit the name? Any help? Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2016 @ 10:22 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

Keg8605 - 28 June 2016 02:31 PM

Quick question - anyone use the Yamaha MD-Bt01 with success with these apps?  I thought it would work to edit the moxf wirelessly but in fact its not working. It works for standard midi signals.  I’ll be picking up the lightning to usb adapter tonight since it seems I do need that then.

I have MD-BT01 and it works fine! I have plugged it in my Motif Rack XS and it is immediately recognized by application VoiceEditor. I couldn’t see any difference in response using standard MIDI cables and this interface. Nice option that I have also tried is to connect MIDI controller to iPad via USB and CCK, while Rack communicate with iPad over Bluetooth. In Cubasis I set MIDI in to MIDI controller and MIDI out to MD-BT01.
Then I play Rack sounds with controller over Bluetooth! There are also more possibilities to explore.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2016 @ 10:25 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

Keg8605 - 28 June 2016 09:37 PM

Hey guys - so i’ve got the lightning usb adapter going.  I can edit the sounds but when I just try to change the name using the iPad it does not submit the name? Any help? Thanks

You should provide us some more information. What app you have used? I suppose it was Voice Editor since there you could select voices on connected instrument. If you mean name of the Voice Editor setup, than you should know that name will not be shown on instrument display. It’s just Voice Editor settings that it keeps on iPad.

Alex

[ Ignore ]