mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Moxf8 firmware install update help"

Posted on: April 30, 2016 @ 05:55 PM
jake roberts
Total Posts:  13
Joined  03-27-2016

Hi everyone.  I’m a newer member here and have been reading past posts and learning a lot.  I’m having trouble updating to the latest firmware.
I downloaded the files from Yamaha site.  USB driver for windows 10 and the firmware.

What exactly do I do with the driver?  Where does it get installed?
I’ve tried copying the firmware file to a clean usb stick and ran it on the keyboard.  It gets as far as ‘checking the file’ and then comes up with an error.

What am I missing here?  Thanks.

Jake

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2016 @ 06:32 PM
blake80
Total Posts:  110
Joined  03-14-2014

If you have a Moxf8 then you’ve posted in the wrong section ;-)

I had trouble updating the latest firmware not that long ago. I ended up using a cheap 128mb usb stick that worked a treat so don’t give up on using different usb sticks.

The Driver is nothing to do with the update.It’s used in conjunction with software that comes with the MOXF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2016 @ 06:34 AM
jake roberts
Joined  03-27-2016

Okay.  Thanks!  I’ll figure it out eventually.

Jake

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2016 @ 09:13 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you try another USB flash drive. Not all are compatible with the MOXF - ones found by Yamaha to work are here:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/61308
However, others not on the list may also work.

Make sure that the 8L26OS_.PGM file is copied to the root directory of the drive, not in a folder.

The driver software gets installed on your computer, but that in no way will affect completing the firmware updating.

It’s a good idea to post MOXF questions to its own forum, since answers are often specific to a particular model. See:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewforum/165/

I hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 02, 2016 @ 07:26 AM
jake roberts
Joined  03-27-2016

Thanks for the advice.  I did try a different thumb drive and it worked.  Update completed !

Now I have to get my ipad to work.  Always something....

Jake

[ Ignore ]