mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording with Cubase and moXF"

Posted on: April 28, 2016 @ 03:05 PM
rocknout
Total Posts:  10
Joined  01-21-2015

When recording with the moXF to Cubase what should your utility - output setting be set at +6db or 0db?
I don’t want to overdrive the signal trying to get the proper gain structure when recording .I am running the keyboard thru a Allen&Heath;ZED6 mixer into a Focusrite 18i8 audio interface into Cubase Artist.

I do notice that at even +6db the keyboard levels have to be turned up louder than my other keyboards after recording.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2016 @ 09:59 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005
rocknout - 28 April 2016 03:05 PM

When recording with the moXF to Cubase what should your utility - output setting be set at +6db or 0db?

If recording from the analog outs, all that matters is that you can get enough signal into the next device in the chain...for you it’s the mixer, for some people it’s the audio interface. If 0 is not giving you enough level or you’re hearing too much noise in the analog chain, then try +6.

If recording digitally over USB, you want the level into the DAW to show about -12dB on the DAW meters. Use +6 if needed to bring the level into that range.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ tap tempo ?
Next Topic:

Pattern mode/mixing mode questions ››