mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Muting tracks In a multi patch with foot controller"

Posted on: March 31, 2016 @ 08:54 PM
123som
Total Posts:  7
Joined  02-23-2016

Hello,

I’m using an S70xs.
Is it possible to mute some tracks In a multi patch with a foot controller?

Thanx In advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2016 @ 02:54 AM
piano-player
Total Posts:  51
Joined  02-21-2012

Hi, I guess it could be done by sending SysEx messages to the S70xs. Look in the data list to see what message to be sent by your footcontroller. Not every foot controller can send SysEx so make sure you get one that suits your needs. I use the Rolands FC-300.

Kind regards from Sweden

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2016 @ 05:21 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Think this is unlikely at best and would be extremely unwieldy to set up even if technically possible. If you have moments when you don’t need a particular voice in a multi patch why not program the voice-muted version into a new multi and simply toggle between the two?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2016 @ 11:09 PM
MrWhiteKeys
Total Posts:  39
Joined  09-23-2011

For the voices you want to mute with the FS (I assume you’ll use an assignable FS for this), you can make separate copies of those voices in user memory, then edit the voices’ waveforms to only sound if all switches are off, thus muting those voices when either AF1 or AF2 is pressed. You can then (in Utilities->Controllers), map your assignable FS to CC86 (the AF1 button) so that pressing the FS triggers the AF1 function.

Add those voices to a multi along with your non-switched voices, and those voices will mute when you press your assignable FS. You can set the AF1 mode to latched or momentary in voice setup. In latched mode, AF1 will stay on (i.e. your voices will be muted) until you press the FS again. In momentary mode, AF1 will only activate (i.e. your voices will only be muted) when the FS is pressed.

Another approach (and one I use extensively) is to set up a voice to ignore the expression pedal (FC1), and to respond only to a second expression pedal (FC2). For instance, I always use two expression pedals and when I layer piano and strings in a performance, I set my strings patch up on FC2 so that patch’s volume can be controlled with the second expression pedal independently of the piano on the main expression pedal (FC1). Works like a dream, and I can mix my strings in and out very fluidly without taking my hands from the keyboard.

If you’re using multis you could set up a voice (or a group of voices) on FC2 and mix those voices in and out with a second expression pedal, so between the assignable FS and a second expression pedal, you could manage two groups of voices with your feet, without affecting the multi voices which aren’t switched.

[ Ignore ]