mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Faders controlling Reface DX touch faders?"

Posted on: February 12, 2016 @ 06:36 AM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

Is it possible to have Motif XF’s faders control Reface DX touch fader parameters?

My guess part of the answer may lie in Motif’s Master mode. I glanced at reference manual but couldn’t figure it out.

(I searched here a bit. And know I should search more before asking, but I’d like to get more Motif XF on the Motif XF forum.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2016 @ 12:05 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
dsetto - 12 February 2016 06:36 AM

Is it possible to have Motif XF’s faders control Reface DX touch fader parameters?

My guess part of the answer may lie in Motif’s Master mode. I glanced at reference manual but couldn’t figure it out.

(I searched here a bit. And know I should search more before asking, but I’d like to get more Motif XF on the Motif XF forum.)

Well, it’s really only half about the XF, but… :-)

In Master mode, each of the XF’s Knobs and Control Sliders can be set to a CC# 1~95.

See the Control Change table on page 8 of the reface CS/DX/CP/YC Data List (http://download.yamaha.com/file/65276) for what can be controlled via CC#. Many of the parameters listed are beyond CC95. A MIDI event processor or a MIDI utility could be used to remap CC numbers from the XF to ones required by the reface, or to SysEx messages (see the MIDI PARAMETER CHANGE TABLEs) if necessary.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2016 @ 01:06 PM
dsetto
Joined  01-24-2014

Bamm! Motifator support. Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2016 @ 01:36 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
dsetto - 12 February 2016 01:06 PM

Bamm! Motifator support. Thank you.

You’re welcome! We try.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2016 @ 03:56 PM
dsetto
Joined  01-24-2014

That was an interesting “connection” for me. I downloaded Midi Solutions’ Event Processor’s text edit “programmer” that demystified what I almost deemed as not possible in my wheelhouse.

Re-mapping CC’s seems easy. And, I like that, after setup, it can be sans computer. Mapping a CC to a Sys Ex event seems possible, once I learn how to properly interpret Yamaha’s MIDI Parameter Change Table to the Sys Ex Event that the Midi Solutions Program tool wants to see.

[ Ignore ]