mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to get an Allan Holdsworth audio sample into my Motif XF8?"

Posted on: February 11, 2016 @ 05:10 PM
mybenetton2012@aol.com
Total Posts:  25
Joined  11-21-2012

Ok guys, here is my latest challenge, I am a pianist,I have a Yamaha Motif XF8 digital production Synthesizer, I want to sample Allans guitar sound to download into my synth, I have never done this before, Yamaha as part of the 10th Anniversary Edition of the Motif,gave samples of Chick Corea’s Classic Rhodes sounds to use at will……any help I can get as to where to obtain audio files,or samples would be appreciated…I am writing a Caprice for 2 guitars right now on the Motif…..thanks for the help!…Jeff

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2016 @ 11:54 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Are you asking how to sample Allan Holdsworth’s guitar playing off a CD and be able to play that sound from the keyboard like one of the factory preset guitar voices?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2016 @ 08:11 AM
mybenetton2012@aol.com
Joined  11-21-2012

Yes,if that is possible.That is what I am trying to do.to have a sample that acts just like any other voice on the presets…Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2016 @ 08:56 AM
e.laforge
Total Posts:  41
Joined  02-03-2016

very interesting topic.
IMHO, even if you could sample a quiet part of Allan’s playing (though it would be a hard task to catch him playing a long solo single note) into the Motif, you’ll have very hard time getting his sound which is mostly derived from slurs and legato playing.. such sound could probably be synthesized, maybe even with the stock waveforms of the XF (which I don’t have) and with the right amount of distortion, midrange boost and portamento it will get you to a similar lead style.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2016 @ 01:01 PM
mybenetton2012@aol.com
Joined  11-21-2012

I have been trying to do that. I realize that his tone and affects are very unique,it is as if the tone changes as the pace of the song gets more intense, thanks for the idea though…!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help with arp settings
Next Topic:

128 polyphony or 256 for Montage? ››