mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XF and digital out"

Posted on: February 09, 2016 @ 03:59 PM
Jas65
Total Posts:  65
Joined  12-28-2013

Hello

Im using mine XF thru a Roland Mx1 digital performer connected thru the mains out on the Motif.
Since the Mx1 has a digital in I tried to hook upp the Xf thru the digital out to the digital in om the Mx1 with a coaxial audio cable but I don’t get any sound out, what I’m I missing, isn’t it possible to route the global out to the Digital out, just curious and I realise maybe this isn’t possible ?

Best R
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2016 @ 05:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The XF’s DIGITAL OUT is 16-bit 44.1kHz S/PDIF. It’s the same as what eventually goes to the main line outputs, but before D/A conversion. The MASTER VOLUME slider does not affect the digital level, by the way.

Possible issues:
1) Make sure that the MX-1 is set to receive 16/44.
2) Digital signals have higher bandwidth than audio, and an audio cable might not be adequate, especially if it’s long. If #1 doesn’t fix the problem, a correct cable might. That cable should be 75 ohms with RCA connectors, either specifically for S/PDIF, or for composite video.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2016 @ 06:00 PM
Jas65
Total Posts:  65
Joined  12-28-2013
5pinDIN - 09 February 2016 05:10 PM

The XF’s DIGITAL OUT is 16-bit 44.1kHz S/PDIF. It’s the same as what eventually goes to the main line outputs, but before D/A conversion. The MASTER VOLUME slider does not affect the digital level, by the way.

Possible issues:
1) Make sure that the MX-1 is set to receive 16/44.
2) Digital signals have higher bandwidth than audio, and an audio cable might not be adequate, especially if it’s long. If #1 doesn’t fix the problem, a correct cable might. That cable should be 75 ohms with RCA connectors, either specifically for S/PDIF, or for composite video.

Very nice, thanks, diving in to manual of the Mx 1 showed that its possible to change the sample rate and I wasn’t aware of that, now its works perfectly,I bought a coaxial Rca cable today also, Many thanks

/Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2016 @ 06:09 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Jas65 - 09 February 2016 06:00 PM

Very nice, thanks, diving in to manual of the Mx 1 showed that its possible to change the sample rate and I wasn’t aware of that, now its works perfectly,I bought a coaxial Rca cable today also, Many thanks

/Jack

You’re welcome - I’m glad you got it sorted out.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Composing on the XF
Next Topic:

Cubase AI8 Problem ››