mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can I have Multiple Library’s on the MOXF loaded at the same tme with teh expansion card?"

Posted on: February 08, 2016 @ 06:11 AM
MackG
Total Posts:  1
Joined  11-18-2015

Is there any way I can have multiple voice library’s loaded on the MOXF8 at the same time, I have the 1 gig expansion card installed and if so how do I do it? I would like to have the “Vintage Keys”, “B’s Knees” and the Piano Realism Pack” all loaded on-board and accessible at the same time. I am new to the workstation world and are having trouble as I am behind the learning curve a bit and are looking for step by step instructions, any help in this matter will be appreciated.  Thanks Again, Mack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2016 @ 06:36 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

MackG - 08 February 2016 06:11 AM

Is there any way I can have multiple voice library’s loaded on the MOXF8 at the same time, I have the 1 gig expansion card installed and if so how do I do it? I would like to have the “Vintage Keys”, “B’s Knees” and the Piano Realism Pack” all loaded on-board and accessible at the same time. I am new to the workstation world and are having trouble as I am behind the learning curve a bit and are looking for step by step instructions, any help in this matter will be appreciated.  Thanks Again, Mack

You should load needed voices from different libraries either by bank or one by one.
If you load them using all file, you will lost voices from previous library. But, samples will be stored in flash board if there is enough space for all of them from all libraries that you want.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2016 @ 07:26 AM
KostasT
Total Posts:  90
Joined  04-06-2013

Of course you can load multiple libraries in MOXF provided that you have enough free space in your flash board (if there are new samples loaded) and enough free positions for user voices and performances (if there are new performances).

As I can see from the description of the libraries you mention:
- Vintage Keys loads no new samples and has 128 user voices
- B’s Knees loads no new samples and has 128 user voices and 8 Performances.
- Piano Realism Pack loads no new samples (but it needs the free S700 for XS which I think can be found in Inspiration in a Flash free library) and has more than 200 Voices, 64 Performances and 32 Song Mixes.

So, even though you will not have a problem with the flash board space, you will not have enough user voice positions to hold all new voices (MOXF has 3 user voice banks of 128 positions each).

What you can do is load one library at a time and keep a note of the user voices (and performances) you are interested. Then you can use John Melas software (librarian or waveform editor) to compose a new library of your own with all the favorite voices of the three commercial libraries. (Alternatively, you could load manually all your favorite voices, but it will be more difficult and time consuming).

Also, have in mind that when you load new voices (with or without samples) they are stored in the three user voice banks and when you load new performances they are stored to the two performance banks, replacing the existing user voices/performances. New samples in the flash board are never replaced unless you delete them manually or format the flash board.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2016 @ 03:23 PM
benj00
Total Posts:  113
Joined  06-03-2011

Hi Mack,

The easiest, most intuitive way to go about this is to buy the John Melas Editor bundle for the MOXF.

**If you have any data saved on the MOXF you want to keep, save it first before doing anything below**

Once you do this, open the Total Librarian editor and under file, go to New and then create a New Voice Library. Once you have that done, use the import native file option (under file) to import the various libraries you have bought to the New Voice Library you have created. Once you have all the Voices saved to the Voice Library you can organize by Title, category, etc.  At this point the Voices will only be saved on your computer. Make sure and save this file so you don’t have do this over if you lose it.

**You are going to get some duplicate Voices when you do this because the files usually contain User Voices that are already present on the MOXF, you can ignore these, or delete them**

Once you are done with this, make sure the MOXF is connected and then right click on a voice you want to try out and click “send to edit buffer” this will send the Voice to your MOXF but it won’t save, it will just be stored temporarily in the MOXF’s edit buffer. If you like it, you can do two things. One, just save it to the MOXF and you’re good to go.

Now if you have some time, the 2nd alternative is to create a Total Library File (same way you created the Voice Library file , and drag and drop your favorite Voices into any of the User Banks 1, 2 and 3 into that file. Once you are done with this, then you can just transmit this file to the MOXF. The advantage to this is that the Total Library File can be your complete backup for the MOXF, so if you lose your data you can just send the Total Library File back to your MOXF without having to go through the Voice Library File one by one.

You can also ignore the Voice Library file option above, and just create a Total Library for each 3rd Party Library you want to add. One for B’s Knees, one for piano realism, etc.  This makes it a little easier to weed out the duplicate Voices because they are separated in User Banks 1, 2, & 3. Then you can just select each bank of Voices that are actually part of the library and drag those into a New Voice Library. This makes weeding out all the duplicate Voices much easier.

This might seem complicated, but when you open the Melas editors, they are set up so things make sense pretty quickly and it becomes pretty easy to understand the layout of the MOXF. Trying to understand this with the manuals and the tiny little screen takes much longer and can be kind of frustrating.

**I’ve attached some picture to help you understand this process**

~Ben

Image Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 1.20.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-08 at 1.21.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-08 at 1.21.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-08 at 1.25.56 PM.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2016 @ 11:46 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

So is it safe to say that some of the Melas file/library material you create on your computer within Melas suite are legitimate, stand-alone back-ups?  That’s the part that always confuses me about managing the material within the Melas software—the need to Transmit back forth (or not). And now even more-so because there could be additional wave files.

I was under impression anything you do on computer within the Melas suite needs to be put back on the keyboard, then saved there, re-named (etc), saved to USB, etc., THEN saved back on the computer. Maybe someone could explain the logic and architecture of things.

[ Ignore ]