mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can I load MOX voices and Samples to the Motif XF6"

Posted on: February 07, 2016 @ 10:40 PM
itopista
Total Posts:  15
Joined  02-06-2016

Hello;

I’ve found aditional simple libraries for MOX; can I load them into a Motif XF6 with a memory stick?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2016 @ 11:16 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

There’s no direct compatibility between MOX and XF files. In addition, the MOX has no sample memory, so either the files have no samples, or they aren’t for the MOX.

If you’re actually referring to MOXF libraries, such as those found here…
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=usa.yamaha.com&category_id1=16277&product_id=1816956
...then the .X3A files are XF type (compatible with the MOXF).

If those aren’t the files you’re posting about, then what is the file extension of the libraries?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2016 @ 12:04 AM
itopista
Total Posts:  15
Joined  02-06-2016

Thank you for your reply;

Yes those were the libraries I was thinking of. Can I load MOXF (.X3A) into a Motif XF 6?

And what about a file with .X6A extension meant for the MOXF… Can I try it on a Motif XF 6?

Thanks and regards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2016 @ 01:33 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Yes, the .X3A files are XF type. You can copy them to a USB drive and load them onto your XF6. Of course, if you have any of your own material in the XF, save an “All” file first, since loading a new library will overwrite every User area of the XF.

MOXF .X6A files aren’t compatible with the XF, although third party software could be used for conversion.

As I’ve previously posted, it’s strange that Yamaha made the libraries available as XF type (loadable to MOXF as well), but only placed them on the MOXF download sites.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Flash Memory
Next Topic:

Biggest size in Gbyte that I can format with a motif XF ››