mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Voice editing"

Posted on: January 07, 2016 @ 02:10 AM
Lee Batchelor
Total Posts:  486
Joined  12-16-2003

Hi team,

Is there software I can use for editing single voices on my MOX8? I know it can be done using the 1980s style display on the MOX8 (I know, that’s what I paid for LOL), but doing it on my PC would be so much easier.

I wish to build even nicer piano sounds. There’s nothing wrong with the ones I have. I just want to edit the piano voice so it sounds even more natural through my Bose Compacts. I use two, so I have stereo. Perhaps someone has already done this?

Many thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2016 @ 03:43 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Lee Batchelor - 07 January 2016 02:10 AM

Hi team,

Is there software I can use for editing single voices on my MOX8? ...

John Melas Voice Editor is my suggestion.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2016 @ 06:52 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

I use the Yamaha editor that came with my MoXF myself, any reason you don’t like/haven’t tried the MoX version?

Not sure what O/S you’re using, hence not a direct link to the editor download, sorry about that.
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=europe.yamaha.com&language=en&category_id1=16244&category_id2=16381&category;_id3=&product_id=1464170

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2016 @ 11:22 AM
bgrosse
Total Posts:  465
Joined  07-06-2009

Hi Lee,

I use both, the MOX and John Mela’s software.
They are equally powerful and give good visual reference.

I have to admit I really like John’s software version best because it loads quicker and is more stable.

Bill G

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2016 @ 09:02 PM
Lee Batchelor
Total Posts:  486
Joined  12-16-2003

Thanks for the reply, guys. I didn’t reply sooner because I assumed I would receive an email message telling me someone replied. That never happened. I probably forgot to select the appropriate check box :-(. Can that option be set under our account preferences?

Bill--I’ll look into John’s software. (I assume the name John is correct. This forum is the only one I’ve been on where you can’t see the responses while writing a response, to help you remember details--not a good design!)

Does the Editor VST provide a way to edit the piano voice (for example)?

- Lee

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2016 @ 10:11 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014
Lee Batchelor - 29 January 2016 09:02 PM

Does the Editor VST provide a way to edit the piano voice (for example)?

- Lee

I’m not sure I understand the question here.

With the editor(both VST and standalone) you can change any parameter in the voice, or create a new one from scratch.
You can of course only save to the user banks.

Was this what you asked?

Sorry if it’s just me being thick here! :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2016 @ 11:33 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Lee Batchelor - 29 January 2016 09:02 PM

Thanks for the reply, guys. I didn’t reply sooner because I assumed I would receive an email message telling me someone replied. That never happened. I probably forgot to select the appropriate check box :-(. Can that option be set under our account preferences?

You can edit your email settings.

Lee Batchelor -

[...] This forum is the only one I’ve been on where you can’t see the responses while writing a response, to help you remember details--not a good design!)

You could open the reply in a new window or tab, which would allow you to view the previous thread contents in the original window as needed.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Trigger Audio input from keys
Next Topic:

Can arpeggiator sync to drum machine via MIDI? ››