mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG150DX + Motif ES Question"

Posted on: November 09, 2015 @ 02:50 PM
CesarSound
Total Posts:  572
Joined  12-25-2005

Hello,

I am interested to buy a PLG150DX plugin board for my S90ES. Can someone inform me if the FM voices can be combined with internal (AWM) voices? The plugin board adds some new performances to the Motif?

Thanks,
Julio

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2015 @ 05:02 PM
CesarSound
Joined  12-25-2005

No longer have to answer because already bought the card, installed and clarified to all my doubts. By the way is an optimal addition to S90ES, I was impressed with the quality of electric pianos, beautiful and identical if not better than the original DX7. Worth every penny.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2015 @ 06:48 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

CesarSound - 28 November 2015 05:02 PM

No longer have to answer because already bought the card, installed and clarified to all my doubts. By the way is an optimal addition to S90ES, I was impressed with the quality of electric pianos, beautiful and identical if not better than the original DX7. Worth every penny.

I’m agree completely with you. That sounds, along with other from AN and VL cards also installed in mine ES6, are the reason why I didn’t sell ES. And yes, original DX sounds are better since they are “going” through powerful effect processor built in ES. Furthermore, although you could set keyboard dynamic as in original DX where pressing keyboard respond in the range from 0 to 100, I found that I have better results in ES original response (0-127). Enjoy it!

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2015 @ 11:17 AM
CesarSound
Joined  12-25-2005
nbadesign - 29 November 2015 06:48 PM

CesarSound - 28 November 2015 05:02 PM

I’m agree completely with you. That sounds, along with other from AN and VL cards also installed in mine ES6, are the reason why I didn’t sell ES. And yes, original DX sounds are better since they are “going” through powerful effect processor built in ES. Furthermore, although you could set keyboard dynamic as in original DX where pressing keyboard respond in the range from 0 to 100, I found that I have better results in ES original response (0-127). Enjoy it!

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the tip, I will try it. Indeed, the DX sound on ES is clear but still keeps the DX7 character and has several very good E.Pianos variations. I will explored more the other sounds, like PADs, brass, all they are very good. It is much better then the new Reface DX IMO. I am glad that I still have my ES too.

BTW the PLG150AN will be next board I will get.

Cheers,
Julio

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2015 @ 06:24 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

quote author="CesarSound" date="1448911023"]

nbadesign - 29 November 2015 06:48 PM

[color=gray]

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the tip, I will try it. Indeed, the DX sound on ES is clear but still keeps the DX7 character and has several very good E.Pianos variations. I will explored more the other sounds, like PADs, brass, all they are very good. It is much better then the new Reface DX IMO. I am glad that I still have my ES too.

BTW the PLG150AN will be next board I will get.

Cheers,
Julio

Hi Julio,

I’m glad that you are satisfied with DX board. Regarding your next step, buying AN board, I would like to add one tip. Check Regenerator voice library made by Dave Polich.
It contains sounds from all major synths that dominated in “analog” era. You will found real reproduction of lot of hits from that period. Although board sounds have its own strength, when they go through ES effect processor they are sounding much powerful.
Since I have also VL board I could suggest you to try to find BC3a breath controller. Although it is much suitable for VL board, it could also make interesting effects on DX and AN sounds. As I remember, DX7 also have input for breath controller? I’m really don’t know why Yamaha have discontinued BC3, since I never could produce the same response on some sounds with expression pedal like with breath controller.
One example is simple piano layered with choir or strings, where you increase volume of one sound while decreasing volume of another using controller. My opinion is that it sounds much realistic when it is controlled by breath instead of leg (pedal).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2015 @ 08:09 PM
CesarSound
Joined  12-25-2005

Hi Alex,

Again, thanks for your kind help. It is nice to read the opinion and experiences from a person that own the boards.

Cheers,
Julio.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2015 @ 12:40 PM
CesarSound
Joined  12-25-2005

Hi Alex,

Could you please post here some MP3 audio from PLG150AN? I would like to listen some Pads, Warm Pads and Strings from this board.

I would appreciate your attention,

Cheers,
Julio.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2015 @ 08:08 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

CesarSound - 24 December 2015 12:40 PM

Hi Alex,

Could you please post here some MP3 audio from PLG150AN? I would like to listen some Pads, Warm Pads and Strings from this board.

I would appreciate your attention,

Cheers,
Julio.

Hi Julio,

I have attached one file that represents possibilities of PLG150AN (an_solo.mp3). Also, I have added ZIP file with several demos of DCP’s Regenerator voice library. I’m not working for DCP, but for all those who have PLG150AN I could recommend that library. Listen and decide. I was impressed when I recognized the same sound from famous hits.
Hope that I help you.

Alex

File Attachments
an_solo.mp3  (File Size: 2529KB - Downloads: 517)
Regenerator_demos.zip  (File Size: 10461KB - Downloads: 483)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2015 @ 08:16 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

Julio,

I have added one short video with Phil showing arpeggio capabilities of AN board.

Alex

File Attachments
ANBoard.zip  (File Size: 2206KB - Downloads: 493)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2015 @ 05:59 PM
CesarSound
Joined  12-25-2005

Hi Alex,

Thank you! I can imagine that the AN is a powerful synth, crispy and fat sounds. Maybe the only issue is that it has only 5 notes. Anyway, I am looking for one.

Cheers,
Julio.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need Help S-YXG 100 Software
Next Topic:

No sound from my PLG150-DX on my Motif Rack Es ››