mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "create bass arpeggio"

Posted on: November 23, 2015 @ 08:32 AM
danieli1121
Total Posts:  17
Joined  08-25-2009

hi

i created bass arpeggio on my motif
but when i play in performance mode with this arpeggio any chors, the bass arpeggio play on the lowest note
For example: C Major chord (C-E-G) the bass arpeggio play on C note (and that is good) but if i play (G-C-E) the bass play on G note.
i would like to know how can i creat bass arpeggio that play on the base note chord - C note of any variation of C chord.

best regarg
danieli

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2015 @ 10:13 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
danieli1121 - 23 November 2015 08:32 AM

...i would like to know how can i creat bass arpeggio that play on the base note chord - C note of any variation of C chord.

Hi, Danieli..

I think you are asking “can I create an _XS Type arpeggio”.  Unfortunately, no.

One of the characteristics of an _XS type arpeggio is that the arpeggio phrase seems to always start on the root, regardless of the voicing, and always plays in the same region of the keyboard regardless of where you play the chord on the keyboard. 

For background on arpeggio types, in case you haven’t read it, see this link:
Arpeggios Explored Part 1

When I was exploring creating user arpeggios, one of the arpeggios I wanted to create was an _XS type arp and learned “not possible”. 

See this link for more detail:
Can we create _ES and _XS type user arpeggios?

FYI, I gave up trying to create user arpeggios (for backing tracks) and now explore the preset arpeggios to find a bass or chord arp(often megavoice, e.g. BaMG, GtMG arp category) I can work with...it’s pretty straight forward. 

For instance, if you are unfamiliar with how to explore finding a preset bass line arpeggio phrase where the bass always starts on the root, try:

To hear how the _XS Type Category behaves
0. Press the PERFORMANCE mode button
1. Press [CATEGORY], Select “Jazz” as the Main category, “Swing” as the subcategory, [CATEGORY]
2. Select “Blues Organ Trio” (or any other PERFORMANCE, they all use _XS type arpeggios in this genre’s style).
3. Play the same chord in any voicing; note the bass always starts on the root of the chord.

To explore different bass arps:
4. Press F2 (Voice) and check which part is the bass (usually Part 2)
5. Press the PERFORMANCE CONTROL, then PART 2 button
6. Press the ARP EDIT button (can be from panel or on the PERFORMANCE LED menu)
7. Press F2 (Type)
8. Move the cursor down to the “Type” field
9. While holding down a chord, use the Data Wheel to explore different arpeggios; on the screen, you can see the arp’s style and type (_ES, _XS, no designator). 

Useful to find an _ES type arpeggio somewhere, and explore chord voicing to see the difference between _ES and _XS type arpeggios; may be totally inappropriate for the genre, but you’ll get the idea.

Cheers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2015 @ 03:44 AM
danieli1121
Total Posts:  17
Joined  08-25-2009

thank u very much

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2015 @ 02:49 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013