mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Controlling a slave in Song Mode"

Posted on: November 21, 2015 @ 09:28 PM
chensa
Total Posts:  87
Joined  08-04-2004

I’m going to be using the Song mode of the ES because I have a lot going on and it’s easier to switch between tracks.  I have a Korg M3 as the slave.  I want to be able to control the sustain as well as the volume pedal in the Song Mode of the ES.  It’s not working.

I can control everything I need to in Master Mode if I needed to, but I would rather utilize the Song to get what I need.  So my question is how do I get the ES to tell the M3 to listen to the Sustain and Volume pedal controls while in Song mode?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2015 @ 12:01 AM
chensa
Joined  08-04-2004

apparently I’ve stumped everyone on this one :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2015 @ 09:35 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005
chensa - 24 November 2015 12:01 AM

apparently I’ve stumped everyone on this one :(

If the M3 is responding to the keys but not the pedals, then you have indeed stumped me. I have never had that problem when controlling my external MIDI devices in song mode.

BTW the ES doesn’t “tell” the M3 anything. Either your ES is not sending CC 7 (volume), 11 (expression) or 64 (sustain) or the M3 is filtering them out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2015 @ 10:14 AM
chensa
Joined  08-04-2004

Well, its strange that it works perfect in master mode/combi but not in Song.  And I was using “tell” figuratively.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2015 @ 10:50 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
chensa - 24 November 2015 10:14 AM

Well, its strange that it works perfect in master mode/combi but not in Song. [...]

I don’t have an ES, but both my XS and XF send the appropriate CC messages in Song mode by default.

I’m unaware of any ES setting that would prevent those messages from being sent in Song mode when the keyboard is being played, but otherwise allow them. (The Utility Mode MIDI Filter can affect CC and other messages during Song/Pattern playback. See page 262 of the ES Owner’s Manual.)

However, you might try doing a factory reset and see if anything changes. Of course, save an “All” file beforehand, but don’t reload it until you’ve determined if the reset made a difference.

[ Ignore ]