mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG150 cards not registered by the Motif rack ES"

Posted on: April 12, 2011 @ 03:58 AM
lazington
Total Posts:  4
Joined  08-26-2010

I have just purchased the PLG150 PC and PLG150 DR for my Motif ES rack, but the ES rack doesn’t register the cards. Do I need an OS upgrade? I didn’t think that was an issue with the ES rack. What could possible be wrong? Is there a procedure I have to go through in addition to mounting the cards?
I have followed the step-by-step procedure found in the user manual when installing the cards.

Please help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2011 @ 09:53 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the forums!

Don’t panic yet… :)

Here is what you need to know… both the PLG150-PC and PLG150 DR boards are Drum category boards (as I’m sure you know). They will only appear when you go through the routine you need to in order to access DRUM Voices.

So they do not appear when you access NORMAL VOICES (as the PLG150-AN, DX, VL, AP, PF would), only when you access DRUM VOICES.

Pressing the [VOICE] button allows you to view Normal VOICES (and normal VOICE PLG150s)
Pressing [SHIFT] + [VOICE] = Drum will allow you to view Drum VOICES (and Drum Voice PLG150s).

So in your case once you enter DRUM VOICE category by pressing [SHIFT] + [VOICE], then using the BANK [<] / [>] buttons will allow you to access the Preset Drums > GM Drums > USR Drums > PLG1 Drums > PLG2 Drums

Make sense?
Hope so… Let us know.

Additionally, once you select the PLG1 or PLG2 slot you can use [SHIFT] + [BANK] to move between the Banks on the PLG150-DR and the PLG150-PC. Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2011 @ 12:20 PM
lazington
Joined  08-26-2010

Thanks,

but how do I get access to the cards in Multi Mode? They don’t appear as an option when skipping through the various banks?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2011 @ 02:59 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The PLG boards have their own PARTS… I will attempt to find the old article (from 2004) on getting around on the Motif-Rack ES and PLG boards and post it here.

But in the meantime, when you have PLG150 boards in the Rack ES, you will see that the PART SELECT buttons will allow you to access the boards.

Press [MULTI] to enter the MULTI mode
Press [EDIT] to enter EDIT mode… there are two EDITING levels: COMMON parameters and PART parameters.

Press the [MUTE/SEL] button so that the light goes OFF (this is the “SELECT” function)
Pressing the PART buttons labeled [1/5/9/13] and [2/6/10/14] multiple times will toggle you through the PARTS

For example, press [1/5/9/13] the first time to view PART 1
the second press will show you PART 5
the third press will show you PART 9
the fourth press will show you PART 13
the fifth press will show you PLG slot 1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2011 @ 05:53 AM
lazington
Joined  08-26-2010

Thanks alot,

finally got access to the drum sounds for sequencing and using the motif as a multitimbral unit. Shame you can’t make use of more than one voice from the PLG board at the same time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2011 @ 08:28 AM
lazington
Joined  08-26-2010

Hi again,

I still can’t make the plg2 card slot register. When I skip through the various parts in MULTI mode it doesn’t work for the plg2 slot, skipping through 2/6/10/14 it still doesn’t register the plg2 slot on pressing it a fifth time but enters part 2 again.

What do I need to do to get access to the PLG2 card in MULTI mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2015 @ 02:20 AM
tonygardner
Total Posts:  39
Joined  08-15-2015

Thank You!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG150AP cd rom contents
Next Topic:

PLG150 DX Board ››