mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trading Up from MOX"

Posted on: October 12, 2015 @ 02:09 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I am considering buying a 61 keyboard (I own a MOX8) and will probably just move up to the MOXF series. My understanding is that everything I’ve created on the MOX will load more or less seamlessly into the MOXF, and vice versa?

I’m also thinking now about what’s on the horizon at Yamaha and what I will need to do, in the future, in terms of preserving and recreating my Songs, etc.  What is the compatibility now between the different Motif instruments and what might be the situation in the next couple years?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2015 @ 08:39 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
muscarella - 12 October 2015 02:09 PM

I am considering buying a 61 keyboard (I own a MOX8) and will probably just move up to the MOXF series. My understanding is that everything I’ve created on the MOX will load more or less seamlessly into the MOXF, and vice versa?

See page 157 of the MOXF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/60478) for MOX and Motif XF compatibility with the MOXF. MOXF data can’t be used on the MOX without conversion by third party software.

muscarella -

I’m also thinking now about what’s on the horizon at Yamaha and what I will need to do, in the future, in terms of preserving and recreating my Songs, etc.  What is the compatibility now between the different Motif instruments and what might be the situation in the next couple years?

I suggest that you download the manuals for models you’re interested in - file compatibility is given in them. A Standard MIDI File (SMF) is still one of the best ways to attain compatibility between models. The crystal ball is clouded concerning future models.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2015 @ 10:00 AM
Lee Batchelor
Total Posts:  486
Joined  12-16-2003

Muscarella,

I’ve played the 88 key MOXF and while it’s a great keyboard, ask yourself if it’s a big enough jump from the MOX8. I love my MOX8 and realize the MOXF has more advanced voices and better pianos, but then again, I also own a Tyros 5 (76 key), which has terrible pianos but great SA2 voices.

Making the jump to a MOXF is a great move, but if you can wait to see what’s in the next release...I would. Just my two cents worth :).

- Lee

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Splitting Parts in Song Mode
Next Topic:

Problem with MOX8 and Logic ››