mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha “Motif XF Fully Loaded” Promo thru Mar, ‘16"

Posted on: October 01, 2015 @ 11:02 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013

Feels like it’s “clear the inventory” time; thru March, 2016

Promo link

http://usa.yamaha.com/about_yamaha/corporate_information/product_rebates_and_promotions/motif_xf_fully_loaded/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2015 @ 09:29 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jazz.preest - 01 October 2015 11:02 PM

Agreed, and it makes me think that a new model might finally be on the horizon. For those who were on the fence concerning an XF purchase (at least in the US), the Expansion Pack could make it more attractive. Of course, if there’s a new model coming…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2015 @ 11:42 AM
lordbachus
Total Posts:  85
Joined  08-28-2009

Looks like we will see the montage between now and winter namm surface ...

So much to look forward to…

Improved pattern mode with cliplaunching
Further integration of DAWs
Soundengine will be advanced with all the virtuall technollogy we have seen in cp4, tyros5, reface, probably in a modular format like Steinbergs Halion…
A next step for arps.. More different types of arps and arpeggios
A new build in drum synth with both groovebox mode and accoustic drums and a step sequencer..
32 + track sequencer, (with a build in option to move the tracks from Montage to Cubase and back)
Full audio capabillities, (tracks)
8 or 16 tracks in performance mode..
Style mode....  Making the Tyros range of instruments obsolete
Being able to run sequencer, pattern and performance modes at the same time parralel to eachother..
Improved polyphony
24bits 96khz
Improved sound quallity
More room for user samples..
Full 32 channel audio interface capabillities for DAW.( up and down)
Big touchscreen
Even more realtime controlls
Easy to opperate in a live situation
Extremely deep edditing under the hood
A totally new GUI/OS
Yet still backward compatible to the Motif range and Tyros range..
And much much more…

It will Make the Korg Kronos look like 10 year old technollogy

And no, this will not cost more then the current Motif XF

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2015 @ 12:46 PM
jazz.preest
Joined  06-06-2013
lordbachus - 02 October 2015 11:42 AM

Looks like we will see the montage between now and winter namm surface ...

So much to look forward to…

Style mode....  Making the Tyros range of instruments obsolete

It’s fun to speculate and only the “Yamaha Shadow Knows” for sure; however, as a poker player who plays the odds, there’s one thing I’d bet on...Yamaha is not going to target the Motif XF replacement at the PSR/Tyros market.

The PSR/Tyros market is very healthy and needs no help from a new keyboard at the moment - PSR 770/970 doing very well, Yamaha migrating more functionality to software (YEM & Voice Creation) and the Tyros crowd is very loyal and satisfied and will jump on “Tyros 6” when it comes out late 2016, mid 2017 (very predictable life cycle that works - if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.)

I wouldn’t bet on the next “Motif XF type” board’s functionality (Montage?), but I wouldn’t be surprised if we see it targeting the Kronos, integrating the ReFace and Motif XF sound engines, PSR 970-type screen the most likely candidates in my mind for “new feature set”.  For the rest, hey, it’s all good.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2015 @ 01:56 PM
jazz.preest
Joined  06-06-2013
5pinDIN - 02 October 2015 09:29 AM

Agreed, and it makes me think that a new model might finally be on the horizon. For those who were on the fence concerning an XF purchase (at least in the US), the Expansion Pack could make it more attractive…

Must admit it’s got me thinking about upgrading from a MOX6 to Motif XF6…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2015 @ 07:49 PM
kb420
Total Posts:  726
Joined  04-11-2004
jazz.preest - 01 October 2015 11:02 PM

Promo link

http://usa.yamaha.com/about_yamaha/corporate_information/product_rebates_and_promotions/motif_xf_fully_loaded/

This is a really good deal!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2015 @ 12:52 AM
lordbachus
Total Posts:  85
Joined  08-28-2009
kb420 - 05 October 2015 07:49 PM

This is a really good deal!!!

XF FULLY LOADED PACK INCLUDES:

2 FL1024M Flash Memory expansion boards
1 FW16E FireWire expansion board
A 4GB USB drive containing:
Chick Corea’s Mark V electric piano
Yamaha Vintage Synthesizer collection
Yamaha Ultimate Piano collection
CS80 Voice and Sample library
Inspiration in a Flash Voice and Sample library
Twisted Tools Voice and Sample library

40% off discount coupons for:
Alan Parsons Imperial Grand Piano
John Melas Waveform Editor
KARMA Motif algorithmic music generator
Yamaha MusicSoft Synth libraries
Yamaha product rebates

Not only the free stuff, but also 40% off on Karma and other products is well worth it

If you really want a Motif, this might be the time to grab one, you might alss be able to get a great deal on one pricewise from dealers that have one in stock… making it even more worth buying.. 

Or you could just wayt till February and see what Yamaha brings to NAMM and still get the same deal…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2015 @ 02:34 PM
ferrari512s
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-27-2015

I should have held out longer before pulling the trigger on the Motif XF8. This is truly an amazing promo.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2015 @ 03:58 PM
jazz.preest
Joined  06-06-2013

Just a bit of feedback from an authorized Yamaha dealer.

When inquiring about purchasing a new Motif XF6 from my go-to Yamaha dealer, he said he wasn’t sure what Yamaha is planning, that the MotifXF (and MOXF) are still selling well, and - if something new is coming up - “hoped it was groundbreaking”.

BTW, if interested in a new Motif to take advantage of this promo, highly recommend ; Frank’s a favorite dealer of the PSRTutorial.com community; he gave me a great deal on a Tyros 5 (shipped across country).  If I upgrade, will definitely buy from Frank.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2015 @ 05:20 PM
jazz.preest
Joined  06-06-2013

Excerpt from Paul J. Drongowski (aka pjd) musing on his blog “Sand, Software and Sound” (http://sandsoftwaresound.net/)

“Yamaha have announced a truly stellar promotion to move Motif XF workstations. The Motif XF Fully Loaded expansion pack includes a FireWire expansion board, two FL1024M memory modules and an USB drive filled with content including Chick Corea’s Mark V electric piano. (See the promotions page at the Yamaha web site for additional details.)

Wow! This promotion really caught my attention and if ever there was a time to upgrade to an XF, it’s now.

Of course, this aggressive promotion could also mean that a new synthesizer workstation will be announced in the not-too-distant future. Winter NAMM 2016, perhaps? Old inventory has got to go!”

Paul goes on to muse about the new workstation, referencing a patent. 

If the above link doesn’t connect to the blog, it’s October 9, “Clear the Deck”.

P.S. Yamaha’s promotion link: http://usa.yamaha.com/about_yamaha/corporate_information/product_rebates_and_promotions/motif_xf_fully_loaded/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2015 @ 03:56 PM
lazuriz
Total Posts:  33
Joined  01-18-2009

Sure wished they offered this deal in Canada.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2015 @ 11:14 AM
pjd
Total Posts:  63
Joined  11-16-2013

Hi --

I did a deep dive into the service manuals for the latest Yamaha PSR-S770 and PSR-S970 arranger workstations. The results are posted at:

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/s770-s970-internal-arch/

Lo and behold, Yamaha has a new tone generator chip, the SWP70. The SWP70 is at the heart of the new arranger workstations.

I have posted a really nerdy analysis at:

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/swp70-tone-generator/

There are a few unpopulated PCB positions and an unused interface. I haven’t had a chance to think about the implications for the Motif follow-on, but the SWP70 will probably turn up across the product lines.

Fun things on the way!

-- pj

The “Fully Loaded” promo is still very enticing…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Controlling external synths with the Motif arp?
Next Topic:

FW16E - Why 2 Ports? ››