mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Drum arp for 60’s song Last Kiss"

Posted on: September 04, 2015 @ 09:45 PM
Boogiebeau1
Total Posts:  16
Joined  06-06-2015

Oh where oh where can my baby be ....

Seems like many old classics have really simple but recognizable drum beats.  If anyone has run across an arp in the S90XS that matches up to the drum pattern in Last Kiss let me know.

I haven’t looked much yet as to if there are any massive libraries of beats/arpeggios in .XOG files available?  An .XOG will load into the S90XS and I have the Melas Wave Editor which handles them nicely.  It can copy individual arps from one .XOG file to another etc..  Also it can demo play them on your S90Xs, export them to a MIDI file, but it can’t create them.

I thought of looking for an old Motif XS6 to try to build my own arpeggio or possibly find someone or a service to do it for me.  Is there any other way to build them other than using a Motif keyboard? 

The lord took her away from me ...

Scott

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2015 @ 07:59 PM
seniorblues
Total Posts:  11
Joined  01-08-2014

I’m very much interested in this topic.  I use the S70XS to cover older songs, many of which are on the Rolling Stone all time greatest 500 list, and end up settling for rough approximations for grooves that should be clean and simple.  “Last Kiss” is a good example of a basic “shave-and-a-haircut” groove that older players need.

I’ll post a list, if there’s any interest, to see if others have found useful arps, but you’d think that a keyboard that was designed to be played live would include something suitable for “What I Say”.  Can’t find one.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2015 @ 06:07 PM
Boogiebeau1
Joined  06-06-2015

Well, I purchased a used Motif XS6 so I hope to soon be creating my own drum loops soon.  Visit my blog in a couple weeks to see how things went.  Boogiebeau.com.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2015 @ 04:24 PM
Boogiebeau1
Joined  06-06-2015

Using DrPc Rock pre3831 for What I Say, BaMg Rock 2993 and GlPl Rock pre1055 and voice Wurli EP Bright Pre1 051

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2015 @ 10:21 PM
seniorblues
Total Posts:  11
Joined  01-08-2014

pre3831 is pretty generic (unless you changed it somehow.)
Here’s the original studio drum groove. . . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTIP_FOdq24

[ Ignore ]