mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need Help Learning How to Backup My Motif Multis"

Posted on: September 29, 2015 @ 10:23 PM
tonygardner
Total Posts:  39
Joined  08-15-2015

Hey Guys.
I’ve been trying to backup my Motif multis using Studio Manager, but so far, have not been able to get a successful connection. Let me try to provide as much detail as I can.
I am using a Motif Rack with SM 2.3.1 on Windows 10.
I have successfully installed the Win 10 USB-MIDI driver.

The Motif Rack Utility setting for MIDI IN/OUT is set to USB. Device Number 1 (which matches the SM Setting).

Under Setup, I added the Motif-Rack (Multi) Device Editor to my workspace.

Under MIDI Settings, I have Yamaha Motif-R1 for the Input Port, and Yamaha Motif-R2 for the Output Port.

I then double-click the Motif Rack icon, and it shows the editor.
Under Setup, I have the Motif Rack-R1 for both MIDI In Remote Port, and MIDI In Port, then Motif Rack-R2 for both the MIDI Out Remote Port and MIDI Out Port.

However, if I click Receive Multi Bulk, it gives a “Bulk Data Timeout” error after a few seconds.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Tony

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2015 @ 11:15 PM
tonygardner
Total Posts:  39
Joined  08-15-2015

Okay, I posted this to the wrong forum category. I guess I was browsing the other posts when I created this one. If anyone can tell me how to delete or move my post, that would be awesome!

It’s supposed to be in the Motif Rack category.

Tony

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2015 @ 12:41 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
tonygardner - 29 September 2015 11:15 PM

Okay, I posted this to the wrong forum category. I guess I was browsing the other posts when I created this one. If anyone can tell me how to delete or move my post, that would be awesome!

It’s supposed to be in the Motif Rack category.

Tony

You can’t delete or move your post - that requires a moderator. You could copy your post, repost it in the correct forum, and edit the posts in this forum to say “Sorry, wrong forum”, or something similar. However, I’ll reply here…

I suspect the problem you’re having is related to USB port settings. I believe that both MIDI-In and MIDI-Out ports should be set to “Yamaha Motif-R1” (Port 1).

Although it discusses OSX, see Bad_Mister‘s posts in the following thread - the port settings are independent of computer type:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/archive/viewthread/372334/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ EWI sound in MOX6
Next Topic:

Mox8 won’t respond to keys playing ››