mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "VST Editor on OS X 10.11 El Capitan"

Posted on: September 05, 2015 @ 08:42 AM
contact@tomgus.net
Total Posts:  10
Joined  07-14-2012

Hello,

i just tried to install the VST Editor on the upcoming OS X Release. On a default OS X the installation will fail. The VST Editor violate the new Security Polices of OS X.

As workaround it is necessary to disable the filesystem aspect of the System Integrity Protection.

This is possible booting up in Recovery Mode (CMD + R at booting), launch a terminal an disable filesystem protection with the csrutil

csrutil enable --without fs

greetings

Thomas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2015 @ 11:24 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Good to know.

I’d suggest that it is totally normal and really no big surprise that the editor is incompatible with a yet to be released operating system. 

As with most companies, Yamaha will eventually update their software at some point in the future and after the OS is released.

Beta releases of operating systems are meant to be tested on another computer or on a drive partition that you don’t really care about too much.  The idea of performing a terminal command to disable the file system is a little sketchy, even if it does work, but especially for anyone currently using a beta of El Capitan as their only operating system on their only Mac.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2015 @ 12:19 PM
contact@tomgus.net
Total Posts:  10
Joined  07-14-2012

I agree with you.

I’m an IT Professional. It’s part of my business to know how bad upgrades are in some cases:-)

El Capitan will hit the road in a couple of weeks. A lot of Update Junkies are out there. Hopefully they not use Firewire Interfaces or other gear wich is using apples kext kernel extensions. for example my presonus project firewire interface has also stopped working.

i hope the vendors are quick enough when apple pushes the upgrade out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2015 @ 12:47 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
contact@tomgus.net - 05 September 2015 12:19 PM

I agree with you.

I’m an IT Professional. It’s part of my business to know how bad upgrades are in some cases:-)

El Capitan will hit the road in a couple of weeks. A lot of Update Junkies are out there. Hopefully they not use Firewire Interfaces or other gear wich is using apples kext kernel extensions. for example my presonus project firewire interface has also stopped working.

Always best to wait at least three months after a new OSX (or Windows) release before
moving to it. I usually wait six months. With Apple OS releases I skip
every other one. For example, I skipped Leopard, installed Snow Leopard,
skipped Lion, installed Mountain Lion, skipped Mavericks, installed Yosemite.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 03, 2015 @ 01:25 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
contact@tomgus.net - 05 September 2015 12:19 PM

[...]El Capitan will hit the road in a couple of weeks. A lot of Update Junkies are out there. Hopefully they not use Firewire Interfaces or other gear wich is using apples kext kernel extensions. for example my presonus project firewire interface has also stopped working.

Here’s some information:
http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/el-capitan-mac-os-x-10-11-compatibility-information/

I don’t know how/if this will affect users of the mLAN16E2 or FW16E. I’m not a Mac user, but my suggestion would be to not upgrade the OS unless/until you have to.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Steve Miller space intro
Next Topic:

Wireless midi issues connecting to app ››