mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "using MEP4 to convert CC and PC mesages from the Behringer fcb1010 to the Motif XS"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 03:59 AM
garyusinger
Total Posts:  26
Joined  07-20-2015

Hey 5pinDIN
Thanks for all of your help!
I had another question for you about how to use the song and pattern mode in order to set up different voices on different sections of the keyboard.  I read somewhere (I think a BadMister entry) that said that this was possible.  When you use the pattern and song mode for songs that is one thing, but for setting up the keyboard to access different voices and locate them in different parts of the keys and changing the octaves of these sections so that you could put a horn section voice on the upper keys but then make it so that they sound as if they were in the mid part of the keyboard..  I think I have also heard this referred to as zones as well. 
I hope I explained myself OK.  So much to learn.  Thanks for your help.
Gary

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2015 @ 09:06 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

First, to clarify one thing - “Zones” are set up only in Masters, not in Song/Pattern Mixings. Since you haven’t described your intended usage, it isn’t obvious whether Master associations will be needed. In addition, if you only require four or fewer Parts (Voices), it might be that a Performance would be appropriate (rather than a Song or Pattern Mixing).

For either Song/Pattern Mixings or Performances, Parts can be individually edited to set the Note range, using the Note Limit Parameters. See the XS Owner’s Manual, pages 151-152, (15) Note Limit for Performances. Page 235 explains the procedure for Mixings, and refers back to the Performance section of the manual for the details.

In a Song/Pattern Mixing, the Parts would have to be placed on the same MIDI Receive Channel - see page 235. An advantage to using Performance mode is that all the Parts will always be on a single MIDI channel.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2015 @ 05:09 AM
garyusinger
Joined  07-20-2015

Thanks for the reply to my question

I am trying to find a way to organize sounds (voices) on both my motif and my Roland fa06 as well as a Roland juno-di.  I also have a Korg rack that I may want to bring into the mix

I am not sue if it is better to bring all of these together using the master/zone method on the motif and assign different parts of the 88 keys to different voices and octave switches to give me control over them or by working within the parameters of the Roland keys and maybe it will be best a combination of the two.

I also have a foot switch and as you know the Midi Solutions event processor which I can possibly use to send program changes as needed to the roland keys.

I saw somewhere that you can use the zones to control external equipment using pattern/song mode but in a static way so that I am not actually creating a sequence, but just storing the different voicings and placing them in a way that best suits my live play.

I am still trying to figure all of this out.

At the same time, I am also working on another project for myself that will be just me using the motif to create backing tracks and live performances using the vast amount of arpegiators and other tools that the motif has.

Hope this gives you an idea of where I want to go with the motif.  I lived in Santa Cruz and know Jullian with KeyFax and have spoken with him about videos that can help me to navigate the motif.  Any suggestions with respect to written of video help for that.

Thanks for all of your help.  It is quite a learning curve to fully understand and master this instrument.

Gary

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2015 @ 05:13 AM
garyusinger
Joined  07-20-2015

just reread my posting and I think I should associate zones with the master mode as opposed to the song/pattern one as you pointed out.

I am still trying to understand all of the different modes and how they interact.

Thanks,

Gary

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2015 @ 10:33 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
garyusinger - 09 September 2015 05:13 AM

just reread my posting and I think I should associate zones with the master mode as opposed to the song/pattern one as you pointed out.

A Mixing can be used to organize and access sounds, especially for live use.
A Mixing doesn’t have to include any sequenced note data. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_mixing_setup_for_multiple_sounds_live

A Master can then be associated with such Mixings, allowing for both internal and external control that isn’t otherwise available in Song or Pattern modes. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/understanding_motif_xs_master_mode

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2015 @ 04:36 PM
garyusinger
Joined  07-20-2015

Thanks fot the help

I will check out those links

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New user help.
Next Topic: