mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Setting Scenes in Song/Pattern"

Posted on: September 01, 2015 @ 02:45 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

Maybe I’m missing a step.

I’m going into a Song, wanting to create a version of it that simply omits the Guitar part. I assume Scene is the perfect method for this. I don’t have to destroy my full mix, but I can quickly call up the Song and make room for someone “sitting in” on the Song. 

I hit Store and Scene 1 and create the full mix version. There’s a flash of Mix and Arp saved message and the 1/8 note icon on the Scene 1 button is displayed.

I go to MIX, go to 16 track Mute mode, hit and unlite the track(s) with Guitar, go back to the main menu. Confirm the Guitar is now out of the mix, then press Store and Scene 2.

Same as above, I see flash of message and the 1/8th note icon on Scene 2 button is now displayed. I do this with Drums next, etc.

Do I have to also STORE the whole song each time, before each Scene addition? Cause when I now try the Scenes—either nothing changes or they’re all doing the same Mix or previous Mix. The icons are there, indicating something’s been programmed but the Mute status I thought I programmed is not correct.

Help please.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2015 @ 03:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
muscarella - 01 September 2015 02:45 PM

[...]Do I have to also STORE the whole song each time, before each Scene addition?[...]

From the MOX Reference Manual, page 98 (emphasis added):
Registering the Song Scene
------------------------------
After making the desired settings for the Scene, simultaneously hold down the [STORE] button and press one of the [SF1] to [SF6] buttons. The 8th note icon is shown in the tab corresponding to the Sub Function button to which the Song Scene is registered. Press the [STORE] button to store the Song data including the Song Scene settings.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Part Mute and Scene in Song vs Pattern
Next Topic:

Setting Scenes in Song/Pattern ››