mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Windows 10 64 Bit ; Dell XPS13 Install of Cubase AI"

Posted on: August 31, 2015 @ 02:10 AM
Drums&
Total Posts:  14
Joined  01-23-2014

I purchased a Motif XF7 WH in January and just received a Windows 10 64 Bit Dell laptop.  I want to install the Cubase license that I received with my Motif XF7.  Can anyone give any information that this 2014 Cubase will run on Win 10 64 Bit or do I need to purchase the latest from Yamaha and what version do I need?

I have never used Cubase and this light version says it is Cubase AI.

Thanks,

Bill

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2015 @ 07:23 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Drums& - 31 August 2015 02:10 AM

I purchased a Motif XF7 WH in January and just received a Windows 10 64 Bit Dell laptop.  I want to install the Cubase license that I received with my Motif XF7.  Can anyone give any information that this 2014 Cubase will run on Win 10 64 Bit or do I need to purchase the latest from Yamaha and what version do I need?

I have never used Cubase and this light version says it is Cubase AI.

Thanks,

Bill

You have probably received Cubase AI 7, since only this (AI) version is shipped with Yamaha and Steinberg products as a free edition. Whatever, even if you have Cubase 8 Pro (latest full version of Cubase), you should not use it on Windows 10.
The latest information that could be found at Steinberg.com about Cubase and other Stenberg software compatibility with Windows 10 is:
“We recommend users notably of our DAWs, Cubase and Nuendo, not to update for the time being as this may lead to an increase in audio drop-outs and MIDI timing issues”.
I suggest you to install fresh Windows 7 64bit on your laptop (Professional or Ultimate version). I have this combination that works without any issues:
1. HP Laptop i5/2,8GHz/16Gb RAM/Firewire/Win7 SP1 64bit Ultimate
2. Cubase 8 Pro
3. Yamaha Motif Rack XS with FW16 and Yamaha MOXF6.
Both Yamaha instruments works nice and I didn’t have any pops, clicks or whatever issue.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2015 @ 02:22 PM
Drums&
Total Posts:  14
Joined  01-23-2014

Alex,

Thanks, I was expecting to here back that it is too soon for windows 10.

Thanks again.

Bill

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ S90ES Natural Piano
Next Topic:

Master Mode question ››