mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Setting up XF for show with many patch changes"

Posted on: August 30, 2015 @ 06:05 PM
toebr
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-27-2015

I´m setting up my XF8 for a big musical show with many patch changes.
Im using it in conjunction with Mainstage 3 and was planning to use Master mode for this, as it works nicely.
But why the heck did they limit this board to 128 slots in Master mode? Big mistake. Is there a way of sending program changes from Voice or Performance mode?
I´m advancing presets upwards with a pedal, cannot see any other way than using master mode right now, but I will be running out of slots.

-toebr

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2015 @ 07:26 PM
toebr
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-27-2015

Sorry, I seem to have posted this in the wrong place. Can moderator please move it? Thanks!

-toebr

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2015 @ 09:15 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
toebr - 30 August 2015 06:05 PM

I´m setting up my XF8 for a big musical show with many patch changes.
Im using it in conjunction with Mainstage 3 and was planning to use Master mode for this, as it works nicely.
But why the heck did they limit this board to 128 slots in Master mode? Big mistake. Is there a way of sending program changes from Voice or Performance mode?
I´m advancing presets upwards with a pedal, cannot see any other way than using master mode right now, but I will be running out of slots.

-toebr

This Thread might be useful, if by “sending program changes from Voice or Performance mode” you mean internally.

If not, is there an intermission in your show?  If so, have you considered splitting the show, and LOADING the second-half setup...from USB...at intermission?  Should only take a couple of minutes to do that.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ calling voices in song mode , sounds like voice mode
Next Topic:

Remote control and note #s ››