mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Vintage Keys"

Posted on: August 26, 2015 @ 05:47 PM
benj00
Total Posts:  113
Joined  06-03-2011

Hi,

I have Vintage Keys for MOX and I just bought it for MOXF since it seems like there is some sample content. Just wondering if anyone (Dave Polich) knows which voices were updated for the XF version so as to save me some time searching through everything. I used the Melas Voice editor to save each voice as a (voi.) file and organize them in a folder on my computer, and I’d like to use the Melas waveform editor to pick out the new content rather than reload all the voices.

Thanks!
Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2015 @ 07:38 PM
benj00
Joined  06-03-2011

**Update**

So I opened the MOXF Vintage Keys file with the Melas Waveform editor and there is no sample content in the 128 User voices, I’m guessing the only additional sample content is in the MOXF Arpeggio file. So I guess I’m just wondering if the MOXF version of Vintage Classics makes use of any of the new waveforms in the MOXF versus the MOX or if I can just use my MOX data without losing any cool new sounds.

Thanks,
Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2015 @ 08:12 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Rather than “Vintage Classics”, are you referring to Vintage Keys? (Some Voices in it are USR3:001(A01) Suitcase 1965, USR3:002(A02) Suitcase 1971, USR3:003(A03) Babe.) If so, I believe that some of the Voices in the MOXF version were updated to use Waveforms not found in the MOX.

Arps don’t include samples, so I’m not sure what your reference to such content is about.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2015 @ 08:20 PM
benj00
Joined  06-03-2011

Yes,

Vintage keys is what I meant,I edited/changed my posts to reflect the correct name. I was under the impression that there was some sample content in the MOXF Vintage Keys library, just wondering where it is.

So I guess just wondering if anybody knows what specific voices were updated for the MOXF from the MOX (or Motif XS to XF) to save me some searching.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2015 @ 08:31 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
benj00 - 26 August 2015 08:20 PM

Yes,

Vintage keys is what I meant,I edited/changed my posts to reflect the correct name.

I edited my post as well, since otherwise your edits made what I said confusing.

benj00 -

I was under the impression that there was some sample content in the MOXF Vintage Keys library, just wondering where it is.

Excerpt from http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/moxf/vintage-keys-voice-bank-for-yamaha-motif-mo-xf.html
“Size: No samples used”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2015 @ 08:43 PM
benj00
Joined  06-03-2011

Cool! Must have confused with the “AIR” library which I picked up as well.

So still just wondering about the difference between the MOX and MOXF versions. . .

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2015 @ 10:58 AM
benj00
Joined  06-03-2011

Emailed Dave P and the short answer is yes, Vintage Keys was updated for the XF series. (Motif XF and MOXF)

[ Ignore ]