mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Voice change instead of programme change"

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 06:52 AM
Farnell
Total Posts:  11
Joined  11-06-2014
When I store new voices in Multi programe mode they revert back to the previous voices in the programe when I perform a programe change from my Hammond xk3.The xk3 is changing the voices rather than the programe,I have a manual but cannot find out how to alter this.
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 05:28 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

You need to store the Multi after you change it. Are you doing this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2014 @ 03:03 PM
Farnell
Joined  11-06-2014

Yes I changed a voice and pressed store-utility enter /are you sure [etc]and as soon as I execute a program change with the XK3 black keys and back to the multi program I have altered, the previous voice appears back in the multi program.When Motife is in Voice mode the XK3 changes the voices ok.
Regards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2014 @ 05:33 AM
Derek Cook
Total Posts:  249
Joined  12-31-2005

Hi, sounds like the XK3 is send out patch changes which the parts in the multi are responding to. You should be able to turn off the reception of Bank Select and Program Change messages in all parts. Check out Page 85 of the manual and the RcvSw page in Multi Edit Mode. But you should be able to solve the issue by following the next para.

To get the XK3 to switch to the multi, you need to send bank select and program change messages on the Basic Receive Channel (see page 91 of the manual). Page 97 of the manual shows the bank select numbers to select voice bannks, performances and multis. To select a multi you need a Bank Select MSB of 63, a bank select of 65, followed by the multi number. You’d have to consult your XK3 manual on how to set that up.

Note, from memory (I don’t use the ES Rack much these days), you still need to manually put the Rack in Multi mode (mine was set up in Utility Mode to select Multi Mode on startup, as this is how I gigged with the rack), but using the Bank Select MSB/LSB commands stops the rack interpreting any program changes as being intended for changing the voices used in the parts

HTH

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2014 @ 08:44 AM
Farnell
Joined  11-06-2014
Thankyou for taking time to try and sort out my problem as soon as I get time to deal with it I will let you know how I get on,
Regards,
Paul F.
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2015 @ 03:40 PM
Farnell
Joined  11-06-2014

With regard to voice change within the programme in multi mode I solved the problem by making the receive channel number 2 in utility,I don’t know why this allowed the programme change.My set up is Roland rd 250 channel 2 Hammond XK3 channel 1 and Bass pedals channel 3 all running through a Kenton 3 in 2 out merge.One out goes to a Korg o3rw module which is set to Channel one in global and the other goes to Motif rack es set to channel 2.Both modules change programmes although set to different channels which are changed by hitting the black programme keys on the Hammond XK3 channel one.

[ Ignore ]