mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can someone help me with this sound"

Posted on: August 24, 2015 @ 01:30 AM
ColdRayne28
Total Posts:  5
Joined  07-08-2015

I currently own a xf and I am looking for the patch used in this video.  It sounds like a Rhodes layered with an organ of some sort.  In the video the guy is playing an es but, can that sound be duplicated on the xf?  Here is the link to the video

http://youtu.be/M1waW_jXRLg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 24, 2015 @ 10:31 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

It’s very hard to say what it is from that video.

It could be a rhodes with an organ like you say, but it also could be a rhodes with a DX electric piano filtered off and mixed very low underneath it.

The original track by Gill Scott has a “dyno my piano” sound to it as well.  So, you might want to look at dyno rhodes voices which have been included across the whole motif range and usually have the word ‘dyno’ in the name. 

‘Dyno my piano’ was a modification made to real rhodes pianos.

You might also want to comment on the guy’s video asking him what the sounds actually are.  I’m sure he’ll help you out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 24, 2015 @ 12:51 PM
ColdRayne28
Total Posts:  5
Joined  07-08-2015

Thanks Phil!  The dyno rhodes is one of my favorites! I message the guy but, it’s been ages ago and haven’t received a response.  I will just keep trying to get this sound out of my XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How can I switch Arps in Master Mode?
Next Topic:

Which DAW (Sonar or Cubase) with XF ››