mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MX61 for live"

Posted on: August 19, 2015 @ 04:29 PM
aron
Total Posts:  87
Joined  02-20-2003

Hey guys, I am going to get either the Korg Kross or the MX61.
I need a light keyboard to take traveling and I want it to be light and low cost. I already have expensive and heavy keyboards to use locally.

Here are my questions:

I understand that the MX61 can have 16 sounds ready to go and you can switch between the parts of the performance. But in practice - live - is this practical and easy to do? From what I read, you have to select the performance, then press part select? Then I guess you have to remember what sounds were in each part. Do any of you use this feature?

I just need this keyboard to play standard sounds - piano, e.piano, strings, and some pads. Do you have polyphony issues with piano+pad or piano+strings?

Last question - I know that there’s the MOXF6 but can the MOXF6 do the same 16 sound performance - part select feature as the MX61? You know, change sounds without notes cutting out?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2015 @ 04:50 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
aron - 19 August 2015 04:29 PM

[...]
Last question - I know that there’s the MOXF6 but can the MOXF6 do the same 16 sound performance - part select feature as the MX61? You know, change sounds without notes cutting out?

Yes. Pattern and Song modes are the multitimbral ones in the MOXF. A Mixing in either of those modes can function as you’ve asked about.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/using_a_moxf_mixing_program_for_quick_access_to_multiple_sounds_in_a_live_s

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ using the mx drums live
Next Topic:

blade-bassline through distortion effect ››