mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha Steinberg driver won’t install."

Posted on: August 15, 2015 @ 03:02 AM
synth_lover
Total Posts:  20
Joined  10-02-2010

Hi.
So I’m trying to install Yamaha Steinberg driver but I think the installation isn’t successful. I found this on the web and it’s basically the same problem I’m having except that the driver I downloaded is YSUSB v192.

As the installation guide tells me, I installed the above driver and then plugged in and switched on the MOX6. The driver starts installing, but then says it was unsuccessful.

On the Windows installation report, it says:

USB Composite Device - Ready to use
Yamaha MOX6/MOX8 - Failed
USB Human Interface Device - Ready to use

Any idea?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 15, 2015 @ 05:59 AM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Hi there

If you state which version of Windows you’re on, hopefully someone with the same can advice you.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 15, 2015 @ 08:03 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
synth_lover - 15 August 2015 03:02 AM

Hi.
So I’m trying to install Yamaha Steinberg driver but I think the installation isn’t successful. I found this on the web and it’s basically the same problem I’m having except that the driver I downloaded is YSUSB v192.[...]

Zpink has brought up an important issue - the Windows version.

Your member profile indicates you’re running 32-bit Windows XP. If that’s correct, try Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.7.3 for Windows (32bit):
http://download.yamaha.com/file/57112

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 15, 2015 @ 07:53 PM
synth_lover
Joined  10-02-2010

I have Windows 7 64 bit. Didn’t have any problems downloading any of this stuff for my MO6.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 15, 2015 @ 08:51 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
synth_lover - 15 August 2015 07:53 PM

I have Windows 7 64 bit. Didn’t have any problems downloading any of this stuff for my MO6.

You might want to update your profile.

One possibility, from the download page:
Caution

If the Yamaha USB Audio Driver is already installed on your computer, be sure to uninstall it before installing Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver. There is a possibility that the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver will not work properly if the Yamaha USB Audio Driver is installed on the same computer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 16, 2015 @ 03:07 AM
synth_lover
Joined  10-02-2010

I actually uninstalled the driver that I had for the MO6 before I tried to install YSUSB driver.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 16, 2015 @ 09:50 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

You may want to confirm what version of firmware your MOX has installed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2015 @ 06:47 PM
synth_lover
Joined  10-02-2010

It’s version 1.00. I know there’s an update but I don’t think it’s something I need to do.

Anyway, I uninstalled and then reinstalled everything again (YSUSB V173, not 192 though, Remote Tools, Editor and Stand Alone Editor) . Installshiled tells me install was successful after each installation but the stupid automatic Windows updater -that just keeps trying to install the Yamaha driver on its own- keeps telling me driver installation failed, but I think the driver is working because when I opened the Editor and pressed some keys on the MOX6 the corresponding keys in the editor lit up, which I’m assuming means the driver is working -can somebody confirm? However there’s no sounds, but I think that’s another issue that I can’t figure out for now (also couldn’t get any sounds in FL Studio).

[ Ignore ]