mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Syncing with Logic"

Posted on: August 01, 2015 @ 07:41 PM
musicwriter31
Total Posts:  6
Joined  08-01-2015

Hi, I have question on syncing the MOXF 8 with Logic Pro X.  I am wondering how to get the arpeggio beats in the performance mode to start on the 1 count with when the arpeggio button in on.  I have external sync on on is pretty much on time but when I hit record the beat starts differently and not at the start of the arpeggio.  Is there a way to get the beat to start on the 1 count using external sync?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2015 @ 08:25 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi musicwriter31,

Welcome to Motifator.

The way to correct that is use quantize after your recording so that every note starts perfectly on beat, then use the piano roll editor to draw your notes out to perfect lengths and make absolutely sure that there are no overlaps or notes that sit on top of others.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2015 @ 08:45 PM
musicwriter31
Joined  08-01-2015

Yes, thanks for the reply but I just want to get a good audio take on the performance on the 1 from the start without using other editing tools.  Is there a way to sync the performances/patterns so after the the count in of 4 beats in the daw the performance beats starts recording audio on the 1 from the MOXF.  Do I need to go into settings within the daw or MOXF for it to sync?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2015 @ 09:07 PM
musicwriter31
Joined  08-01-2015

I think I got it to work using using Auto On and In in the Utility Sync settings and just hitting record instead of locator arrow buttons, it starts on the 1 now just hitting record. This is great!  The keyboard sync’s now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2015 @ 06:25 PM
musicwriter31
Joined  08-01-2015

I’ve switched to Cubase and am using the MOXF editor. Everything sync’s now and the song mode within the editor make’s it easy to record and choose the sounds from the editor.

[ Ignore ]