mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "User Bank Question"

Posted on: August 02, 2015 @ 09:45 PM
redbone777
Total Posts:  17
Joined  03-31-2015

I’m wanting to do something I haven’t been able to find an answer to just yet.

I know how to use Favorites for PRE voices, Performance Favorites, Voice User for modified PRE sounds and Performance User for Layered sounds, etc. thanks to the terrific DVD instruction “In and Out”.  Through “In and Out” I have also learned how to select individual Voices from Libraries (e.g. Vintage and Brass) to load where I want them in User 1, 2, and 3.

My question:  Can I load all desired voices such as PRE Voices, Layered Voices, and imported Library sounds into one User Bank so that during a performance I don’t have to keep switching between Performance User, Voice user and Voices and/or Performance Favorites, but simply punch the buttons under a single User bank, such as User 1 for example for any of the voice I desire to use for a performance e.g Imported Library sounds, PRE, Modified PRE and Layered?  If so how?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2015 @ 11:34 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
redbone777 - 02 August 2015 09:45 PM

...My question:  Can I load all desired voices such as PRE Voices, Layered Voices, and imported Library sounds into one User Bank so that during a performance I don’t have to keep switching between Performance User, Voice user and Voices and/or Performance Favorites, but simply punch the buttons under a single User bank, such as User 1 for example for any of the voice I desire to use for a performance e.g Imported Library sounds, PRE, Modified PRE and Layered?  If so how?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

If you want live access to multiple VOICES (PARTS)...either PRE, USER, or contained in PERFORMANCES...then This Technique is right for you.

Study the article, then let us know if you have questions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2015 @ 05:15 PM
redbone777
Joined  03-31-2015

Thanks so much for the link.

After reading the article multiple times and referring back to the manual, I see how this can come in handy.  Say I have a song “Rosanna” with multiple over lapping parts, I can create a SONG with all the voices I would need right there and it would be as easy as punching up Part 1, 2 or 3, and so on.

What I haven’t figured out how to do is load combo of VOICE and PERFORMANCE voices.  Say Part/Voice 1 and 2 are canned VOICES in PRE loaded banks.  But the 3th voice is one I created and saved in PERFORMANCE USER1:A01.

How do I get, for example, a custom programmed voice that I stored in PERFORMANCE USER1:A01 into the Song Part 3?  If I go to SONG, MIXING Part 3, and select PERFORMANCE to get to the USER bank 1, it wants to dump me out of the “SONG” I’m creating, and asked if I want to SAVE or DISCARD.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2015 @ 06:11 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
redbone777 - 03 August 2015 05:15 PM

...What I haven’t figured out how to do is load combo of VOICE and PERFORMANCE voices.  Say Part/Voice 1 and 2 are canned VOICES in PRE loaded banks.  But the 3th voice is one I created and saved in PERFORMANCE USER1:A01.

How do I get, for example, a custom programmed voice that I stored in PERFORMANCE USER1:A01 into the Song Part 3?  If I go to SONG, MIXING Part 3, and select PERFORMANCE to get to the USER bank 1, it wants to dump me out of the “SONG” I’m creating, and asked if I want to SAVE or DISCARD.

First, a VOICE and only a VOICE is a VOICE.  Once you have taken a VOICE to a PERFORMANCE, or into a SONG or PATTERN, what you have is a collection PARTS.  They are no longer VOICES.  Very important terminology in order to discuss with clarity.

Getting the PARTS of a PERFORMANCE into a MIXING (the sub-mode of SONG or PATTERN Mode) is a MIXING JOB.

See pages 120 and 121 of the MOXF Reference Manual for using the COPY Job in MIXING Mode to COPY a PERFORMANCE.

Consider also that each of the PARTS in your PERFORMANCE also exist in one of the VOICE BANKS...either PRE or USER.  That is where you went to get the VOICE originally for your PERFORMANCE.  So, you could alternatively...while in MIXING Mode...go retrieve that particular VOICE directly from its source BANK.  This would bypass the need to copy an entire PERFORMANCE if all you need is a single PART from that PERFORMANCE.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2015 @ 07:43 PM
redbone777
Joined  03-31-2015

I understand now.  Thanks.

[ Ignore ]