mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Applying Cubase-Effects"

Posted on: July 30, 2015 @ 08:28 AM
benhahn
Total Posts:  9
Joined  05-26-2015

Hello,

I want to apply some internal Cubase-effects on my Midi-Instruments from the MOX. Problem is, when I apply an effect on one of my MOX-Midi-Tracks, then it is applied to all of the 16 parts. Must be some routing-issue but I am not very familiar with this topic…
Thx for your help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2015 @ 06:37 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi benhahn,

It’s difficult to understand what you’re doing from the limited amount of info you’ve given us.

In the DAW universe, you can’t use FX plug ins on individual MIDI tracks for external gear, but you CAN control FX built into your keyboard via MIDI.

In order for you to use the FX built into Cubase via its plug ins, your musical parts would need to exist as audio files on audio tracks, or be routed to audio tracks, or be played from a virtual instrument plug in (which means it wouldn’t be the MOX sounding any more).

Your problem sounds to me (as a pure guess) that you might be putting an FX plug in on the track you are perhaps using the MOX VST editor on, and all the audio is routed there, so that’s why your entire MOX 1-16 is caked in the effect.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2015 @ 07:38 AM
benhahn
Total Posts:  9
Joined  05-26-2015

Hi philwoodmusic,

sorry for the lack of info, but you just got to the point ;)

I am using the MOX VST editor and thought it would be possible to apply DAW FX on just a single track that originates from the MOX (which turned out to be wrong). So besides using the MOX FX within the keyboard (which I already did) I will now try to route to audio tracks. Is there anything special to watch out for, considering the MOX when routing?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 02, 2015 @ 07:28 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

The thing you’ll notice the most is that the MOX will only let you output 2 stereo pairs or 4 mono channels of audio at once.

So if you have 16 parts, you’ll have to work in blocks as you record them all to audio tracks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Aftertouch from MIDI controller to MOX8?
Next Topic:

Save PART MUTE in performance mode ››