mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Not for the faint of heart…."

Posted on: July 27, 2015 @ 09:57 PM
jshep0102
Total Posts:  290
Joined  11-16-2012

Well, I am in a bad way. To backpeddle a few months so this makes sense, I had to sell my MOXF about 9 months ago due to a short term financial nightmare. Having survived, I bought another MOXF this week, including a 1GB Flash. I thought I had saved every last everything before I sold it, so I could reload and get back where I was. Was I wrong.

I saved an All file. I saved every song and pattern and mix, BUT not templates. Another BUT - I didn’t save anything that tells me the samples I had loaded in flash, and what slot they were in. So, I have a crapton of voices that point to the ap 1 wav (1st in memory I guess), instead of the sample it should have in User. The samples and voices came from about 5 different libraries.

I do have the Voice names in the All file. I kinda don’t know where to start. Let’s say I find all the waveforms/samples that belong to all the Voices and load them into flash. Will the Voices automatically know the wavs are in the Flash and work, or do I have to point every last element to the right wav?

Is there a better way to go about this massive cluster than what I’m thinking of trying?!?

I honestly thought I knew this board and it’s file/saving system pretty well. Not no, but HELL no. And that scares me to think that if I am lucky enough to sort this mess - how will I ever save it all to make a massive fail/corruption/crash and burn from forcing me back to this point?!? Yikes. It seems I will need to learn how to load one or more waveforms/samples instead of a whole library - seems that would be a waste of time loading it all, then deleting most of it from flash/voices.

Anyone brave out there willing to squander a thought or two on this quandry?

Thanks for taking time to read this novel of a post - Shep

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2015 @ 10:51 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If you saved an “All” file “with Sample”, then all User data should be in that file.
I read your other recent post…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/475678/
...so I’m a little confused.

1) What is the size of your “All” file?
2) Is the MOXF and 1GB flash module you just bought new or used?

I’ll have more questions, based on answers to the above.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2015 @ 11:02 PM
jshep0102
Joined  11-16-2012

Hi 5pD - thanks for chiming in. The All file (3095kb) did not include samples, thus the disconnect between Voice and Flash. it’s a used board ( seems fully functional), new Flash. the other post is about a new library I’m working with. I thought that was my only issue, until I started loading Songs and Mixes back in and found some very ugly noise coming from my keyboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2015 @ 11:20 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You have my sympathy. If you had saved “with Sample”, or if you had kept your original flash module, recovery would be simple.

I’m still confused about what the 650MB is that you mentioned in the other post.

Do you have any of your older “All” files that included samples?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2015 @ 11:26 PM
jshep0102
Joined  11-16-2012

Unfortunately, I never thought I’d have been selling, so I never saved that way since they were on the flash. And I never thought about it when I was in a hurry to move it. regarding the 650 - There is 150MB of other samples for a few Voices - they are all intact as they encompass 1 piano.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2015 @ 11:32 PM
jshep0102
Joined  11-16-2012

Another thing I noticed - I saved Mix files, and they load, but the names I saved them with don’t load. Not a big deal, but odd that they don’t load with the file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2015 @ 11:34 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
jshep0102 - 27 July 2015 11:26 PM

Unfortunately, I never thought I’d have been selling, so I never saved that way since they were on the flash. And I never thought about it when I was in a hurry to move it. [...]

Yes, that is unfortunate.

What was the source for the Voices that have missing samples? Were they custom creations of your own, or just taken from commercial libraries? If the latter, do you still have those libraries?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2015 @ 11:47 PM
jshep0102
Joined  11-16-2012

I may have ONE! .X6A file with samples… I don’t know if it’s complete as the date is old, but I think most of the work was done at one time.

So, if the samples are there, I load the file, then load my most recent w/o samples after, I should be in the ballpark - correct?

BTW - why is it a X6A file saves samples, but it can’t be opened by the waveform editor when there are wavs in it? And, you can’t see the wavs in the librarian…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 27, 2015 @ 11:52 PM
jshep0102
Joined  11-16-2012

How do I look at the .X6A file in the board so I can determine what’s on it? Then, how do I load files where I want them positioned, as opposed to just loading the samples in the next placeholder? Thanks much!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2015 @ 12:08 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
jshep0102 - 27 July 2015 11:47 PM

I may have ONE! .X6A file with samples… I don’t know if it’s complete as the date is old, but I think most of the work was done at one time.

So, if the samples are there, I load the file, then load my most recent w/o samples after, I should be in the ballpark - correct?

If the file in question is sufficiently large, then it includes samples. I’d suggest that you reformat the flash module before loading the file “with Sample”. Yes, then you could load your most recent “All” file without samples, and if nothing was moved in the interim you might only have to individually load a few Voices to get the rest of the samples in place. I’d suggest saving more “All” files with sample as things progress. Once all that is resolved, you could work with the later libraries.

jshep0102 -

BTW - why is it a X6A file saves samples, but it can’t be opened by the waveform editor when there are wavs in it? And, you can’t see the wavs in the librarian…

I presume you’re referring to Melas software, which I don’t have, so I’ll leave that for someone else to address.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2015 @ 12:14 AM
jshep0102
Joined  11-16-2012

It’s 389MB. The one thing that could be a fly in it is that maybe it’s not the last (thus incorrect) order of samples into flash.I’m in process of reformatting. Yes, I’m talking Melas. I never got my head around the Yamaha editor. Hopefully there’s a brighter tomorrow for me- One that includes All files with Samples! Thanks very much, 5pD!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2015 @ 12:28 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
jshep0102 - 28 July 2015 12:14 AM

It’s 389MB. The one thing that could be a fly in it is that maybe it’s not the last (thus incorrect) order of samples into flash.I’m in process of reformatting. Yes, I’m talking Melas. I never got my head around the Yamaha editor. Hopefully there’s a brighter tomorrow for me- One that includes All files with Samples! Thanks very much, 5pD!!

You’re welcome. Hopefully that file will get you most of the way back, and just require some tweaking to resolve the rest.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2015 @ 12:36 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
jshep0102 - 27 July 2015 11:52 PM

How do I look at the .X6A file in the board so I can determine what’s on it? Then, how do I load files where I want them positioned, as opposed to just loading the samples in the next placeholder? Thanks much!

I’d suggest first getting the 389MB backup loaded and verify that it’s OK. Once that’s working, individual Voices can be loaded to specific bank locations - if done “with Sample”, the associations will be correct. Let us know when you get to that point.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2015 @ 09:54 PM
jshep0102
Joined  11-16-2012

It worked! Not perfectly, but I think I can find the few that aren’t there. Being able to see how it works in the board helps. I really appreciate you hangin’ for the ride 5pD. I worked 13 hours today, so it’ll hafta wait for an energy booster sleep.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2015 @ 10:02 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
jshep0102 - 28 July 2015 09:54 PM

It worked! Not perfectly, but I think I can find the few that aren’t there. Being able to see how it works in the board helps. I really appreciate you hangin’ for the ride 5pD. I worked 13 hours today, so it’ll hafta wait for an energy booster sleep.

Sounds encouraging - I’m glad I was able to help.

As you work on filling in the missing pieces, I’d suggest saving “All” files with samples. I realize that will slow the progress, but if something goes wrong you’ll have a point to restore from.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Library with samples
Next Topic:

Which VST3 to use with Sonar? ››