mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need help with loading sounds into flash"

Posted on: July 08, 2015 @ 02:55 AM
Magicman
Total Posts:  25
Joined  06-12-2015

I installed my moxf with flash.  Then I loaded inspiration in a flash.  After that, I added the CP1 piano sounds, but now I can’t find any of the sounds from the inspiration in a flash.  I checked my memory and it’s showing that the sounds should still be there, like they aren’t erased, but I can’t find them.  Can anybody help me with this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2015 @ 06:01 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

When an entire “All” file is loaded, the User data is overwritten, including all Voices. However, Waveforms/Samples installed to the flash module will remain.

Using TYPE 1BankVoice when loading additional Voices can resolve what you’re experiencing. See page 156 of the MOXF Reference Manual and
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moxf_flash_board

This might also help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/473837/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 10, 2015 @ 11:52 AM
Magicman
Total Posts:  25
Joined  06-12-2015

Thank you again 5pinDIN.  I appreciate all your help.  You are very knowledgeable!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 10, 2015 @ 01:51 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Magicman - 10 July 2015 11:52 AM

Thank you again 5pinDIN.  I appreciate all your help.  You are very knowledgeable!

You’re welcome. If you have further questions, please post again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2015 @ 01:41 PM
bevburn
Total Posts:  18
Joined  07-18-2012

Just curious

Whats the main differences between a x3a and x6a file?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 11, 2015 @ 05:03 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
bevburn - 11 July 2015 01:41 PM

Just curious

Whats the main differences between a x3a and x6a file?

X3A is an “All” data file for the Motif XF. X6A is an “All” data file for the MOXF.

The MOXF can load certain compatible data from an X3A file - see page 157 of the MOXF Reference Manual for which Motif XF data can be loaded. The fact that the Motif XF has an additional User bank can sometimes complicate loading from an X3A file into the MOXF.

A Motif XF can’t directly load anything from an X6A file. Third party software can partially resolve that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 12, 2015 @ 03:17 AM
bevburn
Total Posts:  18
Joined  07-18-2012

Thanks for the reply… 5pindin

very informative

I do plan to read the manual it will take a while though…

you know before I decided on which keyboard to purchase I was on the fence between the casio px 5s (which seems to have a great piano and electric piano sound, sliders, 256 note polyphony, hex layer and far more than 0-127 velocity scale…

Was also looking at the fa o6.

I did some long research and read tons of reviews listened to the various sounds and thought it was a no brainer the moxf comes out on top.

I then purchased the flash board which I received about two weeks ago and I havent been more satisfied.

One of the things that attracted me to the casio was the support I noticed through a facebook group that answers your questions and gives direction,,, ( a quality group)

Well I have to say that I have noticed the same here in this forum… I have learnt a lot and think its a great asses to those of us who have dived into the motif pool for the first time and would be in the early learning stage…

I felt confident when I went back the the church that had the mox8 and began splitting the keyboard up into parts. I was amazed to notice that virtually the same menu on my moxf6 is on the mox8.

I ran into one problem where the first couple instrument I copied had their great sounding effect and it being a blind rehersal I had to quickly add an electric overdrive guitar. It didnt sound correct as it was my fourth sound on the mox8 and i think i ran out of effects so after rehersals I came home to my beautiful moxf6 after first looking up how to copy effects in these keyboard.

found a helpful topic answering my questions and even giveing reference to a particular helpful discussion inside the forum..

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that all I had to do was to turn off one of the previous effects I didnt need and turn on the one for the guitar, the mox8 would have placed the right effects that was assigned to that sound automatically without my having to copy it… amazing!!!!

THe more I use it the more I fall in love with it…

Well I know this is a rather long post but I write it thinking of those who may be in my place on the fence....

you cant go wrong with such a powerful and packed machine.....

Keep up the good work helping us newbies on the sight guys!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 25, 2015 @ 08:17 PM
redbone777
Total Posts:  17
Joined  03-31-2015

The DVD Motif In and Out available on this website is outstanding.  It covers all the info you just asked about and more with examples.  It is helping me tremendously and usuallyy has all the answers to questions I have been running into as a newbeei on MOFX.  Well worth the $$$ for it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New MOX8F
Next Topic:

Vocoder Question ››