mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Viewing XS Performance Data on a PC or Mac (without an XS)"

Page 3 of 4
Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 05:47 AM
benonemusic
Total Posts:  26
Joined  07-03-2015
5pinDIN - 06 July 2015 11:20 PM

Were you able to STORE the Multi?

Yes. I was able to STORE the Multi and play it. The Rack XS froze when trying to navigate to a different Multi patch. Turning the Rack XS off and on did not help. In fact, the Rack XS remained stuck in startup while still connected to the computer. This is what also happened with the 80s Pop/Rock voices when using the Yamaha editor on both the Mac and PC as mentioned in my previous post. Only when I disconnected the computer and reloaded the factory patches was I able to remove the freezing problem.

Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 07:25 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Strange behavior. Apparently some “out of bounds” data is being sent to the Rack XS, and it’s not rejecting it.

Since the Melas software was able to load the Voices from the 80’s Soundset without problems, it may be limiting what it sends to specific Parameter data.

You might make sure that only “Current” is “On” when synchronizing the PC and Rack, leaving “Voice” (and possibly “Global") “Off”.

I wonder if you could bulk dump the Multi (see pages 11 and 47 of the Owner’s Manual, concerning using [MULTI] button with [STORE]) before navigating away from it, or could the Melas Librarian capture “all”? Then perhaps the data could be sent “cleanly” back to the Rack XS, if necessary after a factory reset.

I hesitate to suggest this, but you might be able to write down all the Parameter values of the Multi, and then hand enter them after a factory reset.

On the other hand, it might be time to contact Yamaha. A .X0E file, created via a Yamaha XS Editor from data residing on a Motif XS, loaded to the Rack XS with Yamaha’s Rack XS Editor, shouldn’t cause problems. Yamaha has previously implied that the creator of the 80’s Soundset is at fault, but it’s hard for me to see it that way.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 07:54 AM
benonemusic
Joined  07-03-2015

Thanks for these suggestions. I’ll try some of them when I have time later today, starting with leaving only “Current” on when synchronizing the Rack and computer. I’ll let you know what happens. I appreciate all of your amazing and patient help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 04:54 PM
benonemusic
Joined  07-03-2015

Good news! Turning off “Voice” on the autosync settings seems to do the trick. Even when “Global” is turned on the unit does not freeze. I’ve tried it numerous times and turned the unit on and off and everything seems okay. I guess there’s some issue with the voice data and the Yamaha editor.
I’ll gratefully accept the other performances when you and Stone have time.
Thanks so much again.
Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 06:19 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
benonemusic - 07 July 2015 04:54 PM

Good news! Turning off “Voice” on the autosync settings seems to do the trick. Even when “Global” is turned on the unit does not freeze. I’ve tried it numerous times and turned the unit on and off and everything seems okay. I guess there’s some issue with the voice data and the Yamaha editor.
Thanks so much again.
Ben

Good news indeed, congratulations. I’ve downloaded the driver and editor for a different MBP (v1.6.5), I will install it shortly and begin the process. Have you been able to name the stored multi?

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 06:22 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Thanks so much again.
Ben

Great! How about if I do the next 11 (A02~A12), making 12 in total? Hopefully Stone could do the remaining 12 (A13~A16 and B01~B08).

To address an earlier question Stone posed…
Although I would like to zip all of the 12 .X0E files together in one zip file, attachments to a PM are limited to 250kB. Each zipped .X0E is about 136kB, so it seems that an individual PM with a single zip file would be required for each one. It’s looking like either posting (which has a limit of 20MB) or email is the better plan.

I’m not fond of posting this material, although it’s somewhat useless unless a person already has the library. Stone, what do you think?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 06:25 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
stoneb3 - 07 July 2015 06:19 PM

Thanks so much again.
Ben

Good news indeed, congratulations. I’ve downloaded the driver and editor for a different MBP (v1.6.5), I will install it shortly and begin the process. Have you been able to name the stored multi?

Stone

Stone, you posted while I was composing my previous message.

Would you comment on what I suggested, etc?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 06:51 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Ben, PM sent.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 06:53 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
5pinDIN - 07 July 2015 06:22 PM

Great! How about if I do the next 11 (A02~A12), making 12 in total? Hopefully Stone could do the remaining 12 (A13~A16 and B01~B08).

Although I would like to zip all of the 12 .X0E files together in one zip file, attachments to a PM are limited to 250kB. Each zipped .X0E is about 136kB, so it seems that an individual PM with a single zip file would be required for each one. It’s looking like either posting (which has a limit of 20MB) or email is the better plan.

I’m not fond of posting this material, although it’s somewhat useless unless a person already has the library. Stone, what do you think?

I think someone should have addressed this long ago. Say, either of the two parties involved.

The data is useless if posted here, as you mentioned. I’m game, and will do the second 12.
I will capture each song/mix position without user 1 checked in the editor, correct?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 07:03 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
stoneb3 - 07 July 2015 06:53 PM
5pinDIN - 07 July 2015 06:22 PM

I think someone should have addressed this long ago. Say, either of the two parties involved.

The data is useless if posted here, as you mentioned. I’m game, and will do the second 12.
I will capture each song/mix position without user 1 checked in the editor, correct?

I must admit that I didn’t realize what some of the issues are with the Rack models.

With respect to posting here, I’m going to send you a PM.

I agree that there’s no need to check User 1.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 07:15 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
5pinDIN - 07 July 2015 07:03 PM

I must admit that I didn’t realize what some of the issues are with the Rack models.

I agree that there’s no need to check User 1.

Yeah, it brings back memories. Same with the ES. I did not get on with the file systems of either. I wanted to bulk via midi to the rack but what a pain to do. Good grief. I could have drove to MD and back.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 07:40 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 08:53 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011

Did you receive my reply?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 09:18 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
stoneb3 - 07 July 2015 08:53 PM

Did you receive my reply?

Got it, and responded to it a short while ago.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2015 @ 09:53 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
5pinDIN - 07 July 2015 09:18 PM

Got it, and responded to it a short while ago.

Thanks.
I believe I got on well with the editor, courtesy of the info I’ve read here for years. It’s not typically my cup of tea but I may change my view. Past experiences have not gone as well, and moving to the new laptop likely provided an easier interaction.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 4