mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sequencer Memory Full (Help!)"

Posted on: July 04, 2015 @ 04:43 PM
mivey4
Total Posts:  79
Joined  12-02-2011

I know what this error means but my question relates to what can I do at this point to save all the work I’ve labored to accomplish at this point?

I can certainly clear out some other Songs and Patterns to free up some memory but I’m kind of stuck in Pattern mode at this point with no apparent way of getting out without loosing all my work in the process.

One immediate thought came to mind to record all the MIDI data to my DAW then proceed to exit out of Pattern mode and then clean house to alleviate the issue from reoccurring; at least for a while.

But I don’t know of any way nor do I believe its possible to re-import the MIDi data back into the XF8 as separate patterns the way I now have it. Although I could import the info as Song data in SMF format but I’d ideally like to keep the Pattern data.

I’m certain there has to be others who have had this issue so I’d be interested in knowing how you handled the situation and if you were able to save your Patterns.

....... Looks like time to invest in that additional RAM.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2015 @ 05:00 PM
mivey4
Total Posts:  79
Joined  12-02-2011

It’s amazing how I can sometimes find my own answers only after posting the question. ;-)

Looks like I can back the Pattern up to one of my systems on the network via my wireless connection. Once I do that I’ll abort saving it on the XF8 (which I can’t do anyway), free up some memory and then re-import the data from off of the network.

Wish I could delete the post but since I cannot, maybe it will serve purpose to some other poor soul.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 40th anniversary pack.
Next Topic:

audio import on Motif ››