mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Who is Jesus survey, please help"

Page 3 of 4
Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 01:35 PM
icarus800
Total Posts:  39
Joined  11-13-2011

I was commenting that 5PinDIN was being ignorant in his comments about JLM’s faith. He is allowed to share his love for Christ on a forum that is for any topic (Mo Lounge). I know that 5PinDIN has helped people on Motifator, but that does not excuse him or Psychobabble for flaunting their ignorance on faith. If they think that we Christians are forcing our beliefs on them or think they are worthless sacks of crap for being Godless, then that is something they alone have a problem with.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 01:39 PM
icarus800
Joined  11-13-2011

One more thing. Church is for God, Mo Lounge is for any topic.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 01:41 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013
icarus800 - 03 July 2015 01:39 PM

One more thing. Church is for God, Mo Lounge is for any topic.

Then you should be forgiving everybody.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 01:55 PM
JLM
Total Posts:  76
Joined  11-26-2008

Phil, Thank You for your honesty. I have many friends who are not Christian. Many of them have had illness and family problems and my wife and I have prayed for them. I honestly read right passed the link information requesting my opinion. My wife and I will be filling out the survey as requested. I sent a personal message to the person that posted the question and apologized for starting this conversation.
He responded in a very kind and loving way. Just as you did as well.
I can tell you are a very intuitive and intelligent person. Once again I apologize. I do have to say, I have seen other subjects on Mo Lounge other than music. Maybe Motifator should remove Mo Lounge or post a disclaimer..."No religion or Political subject matter.
However, I know, most of us are adults and we can have disagreements and difference of opinions with out using profanity and calling people names. Pyschobabble is a very scary person in my opinion.
I am a Christian, who stands up not only for my christian beliefs, but for my right to express my opinion. I am also a person that beleives in protecting myself and my family from danger. And if someone like babble was to threaten me, I would protect my self appropriately. However it is easy for someone like that to hide behind the protection of an internet site to call me names.
I am a loving person who thanks God everyday for my abilities to play music. I pray everyday for all people to have good health and prosperity.
I will not say any more about this matter. I hope that Psychobabble let’s it go. However I’m sure after he reads this post, he will come back with more profanity and hate name calling. He will expose his self. It will be up to someone else to defend my right to say and be who I am.
Phil, Also thanks for your many wise musical comments.
I have no ill feeling toward anyone.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 04:37 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
icarus800 - 03 July 2015 12:37 PM

JLM never stated that he was better than everyone else because of his religion. His love for the Lord should be respected. I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this hate speech is unwarranted. Christians believe in one true God, but that is not a reflection of Hubris, rather it is a testament to their unwavering faith in a fallen world. Any other interpretation is out of either fear or ignorance of the Christian faith, nothing else. This thread proves the incessant attacks that Christians face each and every day. There is controversy because people create controversy, not by JLM for proclaiming his faith, but by people like 5pinDIN and Psychobabble all because they think that JLM is better than they or trying to force his beliefs on them.

I certainly don’t think “JLM is better” than I am, nor do I think I’m his better. That’s the point - no matter how many righteous deeds you proclaim have been done by members of your faith, that doesn’t raise your status, because others of a different organized religion, or no faith at all, have also done such things. You’re just like the rest of us, we just don’t feel the need to blow our own horns.

If you’re accusing me of “hate speech”, I suggest that you reread everything I’ve posted in this thread. It’s all there - unlike some people, I haven’t done any editing.

Your “people like 5pinDIN and Psychobabble” comment serves to prove that you stereotype and see hate where it doesn’t exist, since my posts have been nothing like psychobabble‘s.

icarus800 -

5pinDIN stated that he normally does not post on Mo Lounge....now I know why.

While it’s true that I don’t often post on Mo lounge, I didn’t say what you’re claiming… and you couldn’t possibly know my reasons, since I didn’t state them.

icarus800 -

Trying to tear down people’s faith with his subtle approach is sad. This is what Pride is about. Just leave JLM alone with his faith. The more hate speech that is written, the more ignorance of Christian faith will be stated, and the need to defend my and JLM’s faith. This paragraph was not typed out of Pride, but of unbridled faith and love for the Lord.

I really need to step up my game if you think I was trying to “tear down people’s faith”, subtly or otherwise. You can choose to trust what I’m saying or not, but I really don’t care if you practice a particular faith. As I’ve already stated, please just don’t push it on others who want no part of it, even if you’re convinced you’re doing the right thing.

icarus800 - 03 July 2015 01:35 PM

I was commenting that 5PinDIN was being ignorant in his comments about JLM’s faith. He is allowed to share his love for Christ on a forum that is for any topic (Mo Lounge). I know that 5PinDIN has helped people on Motifator, but that does not excuse him or Psychobabble for flaunting their ignorance on faith.

Your declaration that I’m ignorant on the topic of faith is yet another demeaning, intolerant comment. You have no way of knowing what I know, yet you take a position of superiority.

icarus800 -

If they think that we Christians are forcing our beliefs on them or think they are worthless sacks of crap for being Godless, then that is something they alone have a problem with.

I have a much higher opinion of myself than you think I do. It’s your prejudice against those who don’t follow your faith that’s showing. You’re apparently the one with the problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 06:05 PM
icarus800
Joined  11-13-2011

You were trying to lump Christians with other faiths. Maybe not directly, but they are included since Jesus was mentioned. That was wrong. I do not feel superior when I defend my faith from those who do not understand it. I do not place myself in higher standing because of my faith. Where do you get that silly notion? I may not know anything about you 5pinDIN, but your posts have shown ignorance by stating that religious people are trying enforce beliefs or oppress. It is that same ignorance that fuels your own superiority.
Now, you stated that you do not care about other religions or faiths. If that is true, JLM’s original post would not have bothered you and you would not have had any reason to chime in. Nor would I. Just focus on gear and leave this thread alone. No more hate or ignorance.
Yes, I included you with Psychobabble. The only difference between you two is that you have not used any profanity. It does not matter how subtle you are in your posting, it reflects your abject dissenting comments in an offending fashion. If you do not care about other people’s faith, quit contradicting yourself by posting.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 07:33 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

We’ve left this thread to its own devices because Motifator does believe in free speech and the Lounge was created for those who use Motif to let off steam about pretty much anything they want.

Although this thread got dangerously close to coming off the rails, it did manage to scramble back on and for that we are very grateful.

That said, can I put in a big and respectful request to all those who have now stated and re-stated their positions many times to move on?

There are lots of exciting things we should be talking about in the Lounge that at least have ‘some’ bearing on Motif. Namely:

* Web MIDI
* Android M
* Euroracks
* Apple Music (incredible to see how far we’ve come since Steve Jobs’ original deal with the Beatles expressly forbidding Apple Inc. to have anything to do with music. Now it’s almost everything.
* Wimbledon…

Happy 4th (at least for those of us here in USA)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 07:44 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
icarus800 - 03 July 2015 06:05 PM

You were trying to lump Christians with other faiths. Maybe not directly, but they are included since Jesus was mentioned. That was wrong. I do not feel superior when I defend my faith from those who do not understand it.

You have a vivid imagination. I didn’t mention Jesus even once in any of my posts (previous to this reply).

icarus800 -

I do not place myself in higher standing because of my faith. Where do you get that silly notion? I may not know anything about you 5pinDIN, but your posts have shown ignorance by stating that religious people are trying enforce beliefs or oppress. It is that same ignorance that fuels your own superiority.

Your comments contradict your claims. Just by stating that I’m ignorant of religion, you attempt to take a superior position.

There are those of your religion who make every effort to turn religious dogma into law that affects all citizens, and it’s pathetic if you’re truly unaware of that.

icarus800 -

Now, you stated that you do not care about other religions or faiths. If that is true, JLM’s original post would not have bothered you and you would not have had any reason to chime in. Nor would I. Just focus on gear and leave this thread alone. No more hate or ignorance.
Yes, I included you with Psychobabble. The only difference between you two is that you have not used any profanity. It does not matter how subtle you are in your posting, it reflects your abject dissenting comments in an offending fashion. If you do not care about other people’s faith, quit contradicting yourself by posting.

Once more, for clarity…

I don’t care about what anyone’s religion/faith is. I do care when people use it to justify certain behavior.

You have again accused me of both hate and ignorance. As I said, you see hatred where there is none. Of course, your posts could eventually cause me to change my mind. That might be your goal - a self-fulfilling prophecy - since you could then claim that you were correct about the hatred.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 07:49 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
MrMotif - 03 July 2015 07:33 PM

[...]That said, can I put in a big and respectful request to all those who have now stated and re-stated their positions many times to move on?[...]

Sorry, I was composing a reply while you posted, and I didn’t see your request until afterward. Even though I’m feeling rather abused, I’ll comply from this point on.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 08:00 PM
icarus800
Joined  11-13-2011

And there are people who twist the Christian faith by claiming they try to twist laws. Those are actions of a few and do not dictate the faith as a whole. The thought of religious dogma or religious oppression is what is truly pathetic, and that puts you in a superior postion. Of course, you are unaware of it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 08:02 PM
icarus800
Joined  11-13-2011

Just saw the reply you gave afterward. It is time to comply as well. God Bless!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2015 @ 10:44 PM
Way_ne
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  01-26-2003

Did you say “ex-leper”?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2015 @ 04:01 AM
clownsintheattic
Total Posts:  5
Joined  09-08-2012

Jesus is the Savior of the world. Go search a documentary called"Case For Christ” By Lee Strobel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2015 @ 06:10 PM
icarus800
Joined  11-13-2011

We have both left the thread alone Psychobabble. It was for the best. I will pray for you. God Bless.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2015 @ 08:54 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
icarus800 - 04 July 2015 06:10 PM

We both left the thread alone Psychobabble. It was for the best. I will pray for you. God Bless.

Left what alone? You can’t stop, it’s like you’re on some religious heroin. Christ even the JW’s leave when they knock on my door. I personally find all your godly zealot like postings to be extremely offensive to my religion. At this point my greatest fear is going to heaven and sitting next to you. I don’t think annoying the living Just go eat a hamburger and stop swearing. out of other people is your ticket to any heaven pal but if it is you’ll be the star.
I’ve always thought that I’ve done quite well enriching the lives of all around me on my own dime and time while never putting myself before others. You people keep pushing YOUR views, YOUR God, and YOUR bullshit on everyone else. Then when we don’t agree, we’re losers? Blow me. Thanks for tanking a decent forum and good luck on your recruiting. You might want to work on your line of attack.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 4

Previous Topic:

‹‹ FC3A Pedal vs FC3
Next Topic:

Shop number 800-752-2780 disconnected? ››