mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "advice for transposing each song in a playlist"

Posted on: June 28, 2015 @ 02:09 PM
Zorgan
Total Posts:  15
Joined  01-21-2015

I have a gig next weekend with a band, i’m using 2x keyboards, MOXF on the top and an 88 key midi controller at the bottom for playing piano.

I want to use the 88 key for playing the piano parts and use the piano sound on the MOXF which I can achieve with just a MIDI cable.

I wish to go through a setlist (around 22 songs)

each song is in a certain key but I want to transpose the key to play it in a key im more comfortable playing the song in, as I play mainly in the key of C and it’s less work for me.

So is the best way to achieve this is to make user banks piano +2 key (STORE THE VOICE AS THE SONG TITLE) and edit the sound in the VSTi editor to shift/transpose the piano sound to the key I want to be playing it i n for that song?

is this the best way to do it? or is there an easier / better way?

thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2015 @ 03:00 PM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

Have you tried making a Set List on paper (or an iPad) and then change the key on the MOXF by the Transpose Button?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2015 @ 05:13 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

I recommend editing the key on a per voice basis (as you suggested).  Good idea to name the sound with the song title.  But this is strictly personal preference.  I know myself and *I* would mess up and forgot to hit the transpose button.  It’s happened to me.  :-) Either way works, which way do you feel would cause less chance of messing up?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2015 @ 01:56 PM
Zorgan
Total Posts:  15
Joined  01-21-2015

for sure! I think it’s the best way so far, my vocalist would be really pissed off if I ended up starting a song in the wrong key!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ InsEF on parts 9-16 in Song mode
Next Topic:

How do I make my own sounds? ››