mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Who is Jesus survey, please help"

Page 1 of 4
Posted on: June 01, 2015 @ 04:25 PM
msavard
Total Posts:  200
Joined  07-22-2004

Hey everyone,

I’m doing a research project that is asking the question “Who is Jesus?”. I am especially interested in non-christian responses to the question though anyone is free to participate.

The survey is 100% anonymous and only has one required question ("Who is Jesus") so it doesn’t take hardly any time to answer. The more participation the better the research project will be. If you can help, please head over to the survey (it’s just a google form) and tell me who you believe the real Jesus to be. Like I said, it’s totally anonymous so you can be brutally honest.

Thanks for helping!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2015 @ 12:47 AM
JLM
Total Posts:  76
Joined  11-26-2008

The real Jesus is what the bible says he is...Not what he is supposed to be according to people who don’t know or those who have not read the bible.
I have a question....Why is there a war on Christianity now. Not only in this country, but all over the world. BTW, There are many, many gospel musicians in this country that know Jesus as well. I’m not preaching I’m just stating that I, or anyone else in this country, has a right to follow and worship Jesus. We do not try to take away the rights of Atheist. There are two major divides in our country right now. The people who are claiming that anyone who is white is a racist and anyone who is Christian, is a racist and full of hate. NOT TRUE ON EITHER!
Quit stereo typing people and unite as fellow human beings.
That’s the only way we are going to survive.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2015 @ 03:39 AM
BSR
Total Posts:  221
Joined  08-10-2003

Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life! He is The ONLY CHANCE for humankind salvation! He is The True God and eternal life!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2015 @ 11:40 AM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

Edited by Father Time

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2015 @ 01:38 AM
JLM
Joined  11-26-2008

@PhsycoBabble...Please go take you meds all make that appointment with your shrink early on Monday morning. Christian haters don’t bother me. I don’t hate, you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2015 @ 06:29 PM
JLM
Joined  11-26-2008

Babble, I proved my point. You are full of hate. Also you need to get help.
I was asked about Jesus and I openly responded. Even if you don’t believe in Jesus.
The things that Jesus taught, were peace love and tolerance.
I was asked about Jesus, not Christians. Any one can twist any religion.
Example - ISIS. And you are very Cowardly to hide behind the Internet to call me names.
Have a nice life and be sure to make that appointment!!!
In my heart Jesus is alive. I guess it’s up to you to prove other wise.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2015 @ 09:24 PM
JLM
Joined  11-26-2008

Babble, Let it go. You have proven your point, that you can’t co-exist.
Way too much hatred. I do find your private messages of name calling concerning and entertaining.
I just gave my opinion to someone. (on this forum) asking about Jesus. You prove the point, of how really divided we are in this country now. Some people try to have discussion and understand all opinions. You prefer to categorize all Christians as bad. Very small minded thinking. It’s funny how, you just assume that because I’m Christian, that I’m white and I’m racist. How utterly narrow minded. Millions of African Americans in this country are devout Christians. BTW, this forum category, “Mo Lounge” is for any subject or topic. Maybe you should complain that we can’t talk politics or religion any longer. Oh but that would infringe on free speech. The 1st amendment.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2015 @ 10:18 AM
BSR
Total Posts:  221
Joined  08-10-2003

What I did said wrong? I just told you who is Jesus, simply as good day, nothing more! Please don’t make a big deal from what I did said! Thank you and have a blessed week!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2015 @ 01:49 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Other synth-related forums I’m a member of make religion and politics taboo. I think that’s a good idea because they tend to be controversial topics, but apparently MrMotif has a more tolerant attitude.

At least msavard (the OP) had the good sense to ask for comments to be posted at a site other than Motifator.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2015 @ 02:29 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

While we do ‘allow’ posts and threads that are seemingly way, way off any topic that relates to Motif, we can’t and won’t allow posts and threads to continue that use offensive and abusive language. So we’re deleting some posts here and will be quite happy to delete the entire thread unless people can keep it civil. C’mon now guys.

Pyschobabble, if you really do want to get banned we’re perfectly happy to oblige but might we suggest that instead of initiating your permanent removal you either remove yourself by not posting anymore or - better by far - just remove what you know perfectly well is extreme silliness from your posts and be who you are without sinking to abuse. It can be done!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2015 @ 04:01 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Apparently my earlier post was too subtle, and was perhaps at least partially misinterpreted. While I won’t resort to the language that was used, I don’t disagree with much of what psychobabble said.

I don’t care about anyone else’s religion, or lack of it. Just don’t attempt to push your faith on me, or try to convince me of its superiority. Religion should be a private thing - please keep it to yourself.

What’s truly sad is when those “with” religion think that those “without” it (or their particular brand of it), should be pitied or disrespected. It’s amazing how people who claim that their beliefs aren’t tolerated are so intolerant of others.

Morality isn’t exclusive to those who “believe”. If you’re a decent person, I’ll gladly be your friend. If you treat me with respect, I’ll reciprocate.

Anyone offended by my secular approach should probably ignore all my Motifator posts - it wouldn’t be right to accept assistance from someone who is “godless”.

If my comments are out of line, please feel free to ban me, too.

@ psychobabble:
Please reconsider. If you leave, the very forces with whom you have issues will feel empowered, and gain an even stronger foothold. Then I’ll feel the need to leave.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2015 @ 09:49 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
5pinDIN - 01 July 2015 04:01 PM

Apparently my earlier post was too subtle, and was perhaps at least partially misinterpreted. While I won’t resort to the language that was used, I don’t disagree with much of what psychobabble said.

I don’t care about anyone else’s religion, or lack of it. Just don’t attempt to push your faith on me, or try to convince me of its superiority. Religion should be a private thing - please keep it to yourself.

What’s truly sad is when those “with” religion think that those “without” it (or their particular brand of it), should be pitied or disrespected. It’s amazing how people who claim that their beliefs aren’t tolerated are so intolerant of others.

Morality isn’t exclusive to those who “believe”. If you’re a decent person, I’ll gladly be your friend. If you treat me with respect, I’ll reciprocate.

Anyone offended by my secular approach should probably ignore all my Motifator posts - it wouldn’t be right to accept assistance from someone who is “godless”.

If my comments are out of line, please feel free to ban me, too.

@ psychobabble:
Please reconsider. If you leave, the very forces with whom you have issues will feel empowered, and gain an even stronger foothold. Then I’ll feel the need to leave.

Thanks, this saved me a bunch of typing.  Moving on…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2015 @ 09:59 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
psychobabble - 27 June 2015 09:41 AM

How very sad…

Both of you should test your faith by driving with your eyes closed.

Outlandish as it may seem, this suggestion has merit. Either it’ll work or it won’t. Please pick an empty road.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2015 @ 10:52 PM
cal900
Total Posts:  33
Joined  08-12-2013

At the risk of being very wordy on a forum for Yamaha music hardware, I wanted to see if I can bring understanding to this from my point of view, if I might.  For anyone reading thus far in this forum on this post, I’d like to address understandable misunderstandings.  So, if anyone would put up with this, I’ll start (my intention is to NOT preach, although we may take an impromptu offering at the end :). 

Jesus is the only one that can change my life from the dirt I really am.  So, in the process of doing just that, the Christian who follows Him and gets all cleaned off is alarmingly aware of the disaster at the end of the road for all of us without Him.  It’s a deep concern borne out of the compassion one takes up when they recognize the reality of who we really are without Him.  (The Christian has a really heavy “burden” for those who don’t know, and communicates these ideas that are misinterpreted in all kinds of ways, albeit sometimes brought on by themselves.)

I understand the (sometimes extreme) uneasiness for those in this forum that participated in both sides of this discussion the way it happened (no apologies offered or required).  All in all, the Christian certainly means (or should mean) no offense; often it’s their own experience of the need for Jesus to change each of our own lives that causes the intense concern that understandably looks like impositions on those who haven’t experienced the change Jesus gives them.  (Did you get all that?  Maybe not easy to understand, but I figured I’d take a shot at it.)

Now, on to synth business.  I’d like to tell you, 5pinDIN, thank you again for the help and direction you gave me on two occasions for my XF7.  It makes more than just a “lot of difference”.  (And, I still want to be like you when I grow up.  Although I may be your same age, or older...) ;) Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2015 @ 09:19 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
cal900 - 01 July 2015 10:52 PM

[...]Jesus is the only one that can change my life from the dirt I really am.  So, in the process of doing just that, the Christian who follows Him and gets all cleaned off is alarmingly aware of the disaster at the end of the road for all of us without Him.  It’s a deep concern borne out of the compassion one takes up when they recognize the reality of who we really are without Him.  (The Christian has a really heavy “burden” for those who don’t know, and communicates these ideas that are misinterpreted in all kinds of ways, albeit sometimes brought on by themselves.)

I understand the (sometimes extreme) uneasiness for those in this forum that participated in both sides of this discussion the way it happened (no apologies offered or required).  All in all, the Christian certainly means (or should mean) no offense; often it’s their own experience of the need for Jesus to change each of our own lives that causes the intense concern that understandably looks like impositions on those who haven’t experienced the change Jesus gives them.  (Did you get all that?  Maybe not easy to understand, but I figured I’d take a shot at it.)

Thanks for explaining how you see things. Please allow me to repeat what I said, with emphasis…
Morality isn’t exclusive to those who “believe”.

I understand the need for some to look outside themselves for guidance. However, just because a person has such a need doesn’t mean all of us do.

Some of us feel that we have a pretty good built-in moral/ethical compass, and don’t need an external reference. More to the point, we certainly don’t want to be told that without “faith” we are somehow deficient, or worse. Doing that indicates a complete lack of respect.

I’ve never intentionally hurt another person, or any other life form (except for a few insects that were “bugging” me :-) ). I’ve always tried to help others. I wish that in my life I had been so treated by others, including “believers”. There are apparently many for whom the so-called “Golden Rule” is unidirectional.

I have no problem with religion, as long as its basis is love and not hate, and the faithful don’t proselytize.

To me, religion is like medication. If you need a cure, by all means take your meds, but don’t assume the rest of us will benefit from the same pharmaceuticals.

cal900 -

Now, on to synth business.  I’d like to tell you, 5pinDIN, thank you again for the help and direction you gave me on two occasions for my XF7.  It makes more than just a “lot of difference”.  (And, I still want to be like you when I grow up.  Although I may be your same age, or older...) ;) Thanks!

You’re welcome. It seems that for my own well being, I should stick to synths and avoid reading Mo Lounge topics.

By the way, based on one of your previous posts, it appears that I’m almost a decade older than you. Even if you wouldn’t want to emulate my “no religion” attitude, you’ve got time to catch up on Motif knowledge. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 02, 2015 @ 02:34 PM
cal900
Total Posts:  33
Joined  08-12-2013

Well spoken. I appreciate ya!  Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 4

Previous Topic:

‹‹ FC3A Pedal vs FC3
Next Topic:

Shop number 800-752-2780 disconnected? ››