mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX Control Templates - Any New Ones?"

Posted on: June 27, 2015 @ 04:49 PM
iluvchiclets
Total Posts:  112
Joined  06-15-2007

Hey all,

After over 3 years, I am still discovering neat things on this MOX6 keyboard.  The latest are:

* Using “Quick Setups” to make my MOX behave properly when I am triggering VST instruments, and;

* Using “Control Templates” to make my MOX controls behave differently when using different VST instruments.

I know the MOX includes approx 50 built in templates for common VSTi instruments (B4II, Massive, Omnisphere), etc…
Do any readers know if Yamaha have released any further templates for other VST instruments in the form of an update or download?  You would think Yamaha might continue to up-date these templates as other instruments are released?

Thanks for reading!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2015 @ 01:38 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
iluvchiclets - 27 June 2015 04:49 PM

Do any readers know if Yamaha have released any further templates for other VST instruments in the form of an update or download?  You would think Yamaha might continue to up-date these templates as other instruments are released?

I’ve owned a MOX6 for just over two years; purchased about 4 months before the release of the MOXF.

Since that time, the only “upgrades” I am aware of are driver fixes, e.g. To support integration with Cubase 8.

FYI, last week - in response to my email to Yamaha Support inquiring about whether Yamaha would be updating the MOX firmware to support Class-Compliance (as the MOXF firmware 1.10 update does), “Richard” - who called me on my cellphone (!, great customer service touch) - informed me he was unaware of any plans to do so, that he would be unlikely to know until a few days before release, however, he would try to get a more definitive answer.

In general, Yamaha does not seem to upgrade discontinued keyboards to new features, even though the architecture is very likely to support it, e.g. the MOXF Performance Part Volume control, Master Zone Mute and Class-Compliance. 

As discussed with Richard, I think this is short-sighted on Yamaha’s part; as for my part, while I like Yamaha quality very much, in the future, Yamaha keyboards must “kill” the competition before I’ll buy it as I believe it will be minimally updated once a new board replaces it while I know of at least two of Yamaha’s competitors that do support older models with backward-compatible feature updates; I have recently purchased a competitor’s instrument for that very reason.

A note: Richard did point out that soon after the Tyros 5 was released, a Tyros 4 new feature was provided via a firmware update.

Bottom line: IMHO, don’t expect more than fixes for the MOX.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2015 @ 07:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I don’t own a MOX, but as far as I know you can create your own Control Templates using the Remote Editor (in Remote Tools?) from Yamaha.

By the way, I just added listing of the Remote Control Templates from “All” files to my moX-TEXT program:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewthread/472111/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2015 @ 01:50 PM
iluvchiclets
Total Posts:  112
Joined  06-15-2007

Thanks to both of you!

I do understand I can create my own Control Templates, but judging by how difficult I found using the entire Motif architecture I thought downloading “another” editor might just cave my head in! :)

I was hoping perhaps Yamaha might have updated some templates...’

No problem - I likely will someday try the Remote Editor to see if I can make it work for me...I won’t know until I try!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Single note on keyboard not producing any sound
Next Topic:

Keys Malfunction? ››