mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "My New to me Motif XF6!"

Posted on: June 30, 2015 @ 07:27 PM
73keys
Total Posts:  10
Joined  06-27-2015

Hi, New here!  I just got a Motif XF6 for a good price a few days ago and wanted to know is there something i can do to check if the board has any problems i don’t know about?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2015 @ 07:54 PM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

Congratulations on your XF6! For starters, I would first do a “Save All” to preserve all settings and user voices, performances, etc. Then, once you have successfully saved everything, you can do a factory reset (if desired) to make sure you are starting from a known configuration.  (You don’t have to do this, but it will save you from guessing whether you have a problem or whether you have a configuration issue - just be sure you have a good backup first!)

Next, try EVERY key on the keyboard to make sure it works. Also, press every button and verify there is a visual or audible response.  Most buttons will either light an LED, change something on the screen, or will produce an audible change in the sound. 

Also be sure to listen using speakers and headphones.

There are other things you can do to check it out, but that would be a good start.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2015 @ 08:04 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

To add to what moxrox has said. Try every key with the volume down to nothing (or the XF powered off) to listen for unusual sounds like knocking or clattering. 

You may find a problem, hopefully you won’t.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 30, 2015 @ 09:29 PM
73keys
Joined  06-27-2015

Thanks guys for that info! All the keys & lights do work. I did the reset and everything seems to be working Ok. Now i’m doing the OS updater V1.50 then, I want to add the new the “New Voices” V1.50? Wish me luck? This is going to be fun?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2015 @ 08:43 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
73keys - 30 June 2015 07:27 PM

Hi, New here!  I just got a Motif XF6 for a good price a few days ago and wanted to know is there something i can do to check if the board has any problems i don’t know about?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

There’s a diagnostic Test Mode that can be accessed, but I don’t suggest running it unless a specific problem is suspected. The XF’s are pretty reliable, and if you’re not noticing anything wrong, yours is probably OK. Enjoy your “new to you” XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2015 @ 11:52 AM
73keys
Joined  06-27-2015
5pinDIN - 01 July 2015 08:43 AM
73keys - 30 June 2015 07:27 PM

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

There’s a diagnostic Test Mode that can be accessed, but I don’t suggest running it unless a specific problem is suspected. The XF’s are pretty reliable, and if you’re not noticing anything wrong, yours is probably OK. Enjoy your “new to you” XF.

Thanks “SpinDIN”, Diagnostic Test Mode, It must be in the Service Manual right? I think the XF is running ok now that i did the reset and know more about it. Who ever was using it didn’t know what he was doing and had it doing funny things? Thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2015 @ 12:06 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Yes, Test Mode is covered in the Service Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2015 @ 12:31 PM
73keys
Joined  06-27-2015

Ok, Is that on the Yamaha CD? I did the OS updater V1.50 & “New Voices V1.50, It came out Ok!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2015 @ 01:30 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
73keys - 01 July 2015 12:31 PM

Ok, Is that on the Yamaha CD? I did the OS updater V1.50 & “New Voices V1.50, It came out Ok!

The Motif XS Service Manual can be found through an online search with minimal effort. There are a few differences in the procedure for the XF, due to the XF’s optional flash memory modules versus DIMMs in the XS.

Since you’ve said all the keys and buttons seem to be working correctly, and you successfully did an OS update and loaded an “All” file, it’s likely there’s no reason to be concerned.

The reason I suggest running the tests only if there’s a specific problem is that if you’re not familiar with the results, you could be misled into thinking there’s a fault when there isn’t. Obviously, you could run the tests anyway, but why risk unnecessary worry?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2015 @ 06:57 PM
73keys
Joined  06-27-2015

Hi SpinDIN, I’m good with the XF thanks to you and the other guys here MOXROX & PHILWOODMUSIC that help me.

Thanks again guys!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Studio Manager 2
Next Topic:

Motif XF USB audio setup ››